Advice Needed

Knock-on

I am submitting this post on behalf of the future ex Mrs Knockie

Having been thrust into WidowHood by the impending demise of the formally feared SVA (talk about not missing something till it's gone!), top-totty is getting a bit of a strop on about me spending every availiable waking hour tinkering, fettleing, cursing and bodging in a frantic effort to be ready in a Months time.

To say that my ears now resemble an International props with the constant moaning would be an understatement!!

So, being a caring, sharing, dedicated partner, I need to find a solution. The options I have come up with are:

. Develop a relationship / build balance that restores harmony, demonstrates my commitment and pleases my wonderful partner.

or

. Find some other way of easing the situation.

So, can anyone please, please, for the sake of my sanity, recommend a good set of ear-plugs?

Many thanks.

Knockie.

(ps. Has anyone ever managed to drink a hot cup of tea during their build. I swear I'll manage it one day :) )

Waite till she sits in the pasenger seat ans starts naging Slow down, your wasting petrol etc etc.

Stephen

Not a worry there. Bit of gaffer tape over any holes to improve aerodynamics. I've watched Top Gear :D

(Hope she never reads this or we may have a Hoodie funeral :) )

BTW, thanks Richy. 2 pairs on order. Well, you can't be too carefull now, can you?

Update

As I'm "working" from home today, I thought I would do something productive.

Anyway, Mrs future ex-knockie just rung up when I was in the lounge and mentioned that the line was hissing.

All I said was that the line was OK and the noise was me spraying my headlamp cases.

Well..... Talk about O.T.T.

Sometimes you just can't win :rolleyes:

Guest wigman_99
Update

As I'm "working" from home today, I thought I would do something productive.

Anyway, Mrs future ex-knockie just rung up when I was in the lounge and mentioned that the line was hissing.

All I said was that the line was OK and the noise was me spraying my headlamp cases.

Well..... Talk about O.T.T.

Sometimes you just can't win :rolleyes:

I moved mine (car that is!) to work last week. That way I can finish it in peace while getting paid, and everyone there loves it. Unlike Miss Wigman who prefers cuddles and DVDs.

I recommend one of the thermal camping mugs that you can get for a couple of quid.

Keeps your cuppa hot (for about 30 mins before it starts cooling!) and a plastic sarnie box keeps the choccy biccies fresh :D :D

Al

Snob!! :D

I'm lucky if I can afford a Sainsburys own brand Digestive, let alone Choccy buscuits <starts drooling>

Have you ever taken the time to show your lovely lady--how she can help--by making brackets--sorting out wiring--painting little fiddly bits(no not that-keep your mind on the car)--taking off things(steady) that you have just put on--incorrectly--reminding you where the 10mm spanner/socket/screwdriver is (you know you had it a moment ago)--Then there is --holding things in place(cool down)--making tea/coffee/sarnies & fetching another bucket of logs for the wood-burner--before she breaks-off to go cook & clean for you. Best apprentice I've ever had; & she is still there in the morning.

Guest peter2b2002

it helps if your wife/girl friend has a hobby, mines got a horse , if she says anything i remind her the the nag cost more to buy than my 2B + it costs more to run, shoes, feed , insurance, stable,hay & straw etc :good:

post-955-1233341014_thumb.jpg

Larry. definitely agree that you should get the other half involved.

Try asking her to sit in the driving seat so you can position it for her to be able to drive it one day.....works a treat every time. ( Ask Chris N for tips on how NOT to keep that promise !! :D )

Larry. definitely agree that you should get the other half involved.

Try asking her to sit in the driving seat so you can position it for her to be able to drive it one day.....works a treat every time. ( Ask Chris N for tips on how NOT to keep that promise !! :D )

:o Great Becks :wub: has just read this post, and now she whats a word with me :cray:

Looks like the can of worms had been opened up again :( So its down the road to get a pair of seat runners NOT :p

promise what promise!! :unknw:

My tip is - Get the other half involved with the world of Hooding :friends: but

Fit the drivers seat as far back as possible and bolt it to the floor so it don't move and then her feet can not reach the pedals, works for me ;)

PS Becks also has to fight on her hand for the passengers seat as she is always beaten to it by Tasha the Pocket Rocket :lol: