2.0l Pinto Cylinder Head - Unleaded

Guest RodLane

Guest RodLane

Hi chaps

Seeing as it is so nice outside at the moment I thought I might start working on the hood in preparation for LeMans.

I currently have a 2.0L Pinto in the car, but having examined the shape of the ports I am sure it is one designed for leaded fuel.

I would be interested in replacing it with an unleaded head if one was available.

If anyone has one kicking about I would be very interested.

Many thanks, Rod.

Guest bikerdcr

Rod

Have a 205 Sierra engine 1986 vintage in the garage taking up space. Its not complete, but neither the head nor the sump has been taken off. So you get an injection head, the best one, a wide flange cover and the complete 205 block. I've no idea what its like inside. Make me an offer

bikerdcr@aol.com

Dave

Edited by DCR

Guest RodLane
Rod

Have a 205 Sierra engine 1986 vintage in the garage taking up space. Its not complete, but neither the head nor the sump has been taken off. So you get an injection head, the best one, a wide flange cover and the complete 205 block. I've no idea what its like inside. Make me an offer

bikerdcr@aol.com

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I know that that is the better engine, but would you be willing to let me have just the head for the right price? I am looking to make a simple swap to an unleaded head as I am always concerned about the leaded one being eaten away. I don't relly want to get involved in a full engine swap, and I've already got one full spare engine cluttering up the shed which also has a leaded head on it.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks

Rod.

Guest bikerdcr

Rod

Sorry didn't read post earlier. Won't be a problem its just cluttering garage, my 2B is also up for sale at the moment. Email me, I read those all the time and make me offer

Dave

The 205 injection engine has

a. the best rods.... easy 7200 with a visit to 7500 here and there

b has the best block...so if you did want to do a re-bore will take 93mm easily

c. the best flow from the inlet port short turn (this gives the extra 5 to 10 bhp)

d.its unleaded.

I would take the offer of the whole engine and use the bottom end as a base for a faster engine.

When you put the injection head on your current engine, use a Felpro or Adjusa head gasket, these crush to 1mm, 0.65mm less than the standard gasket and get you about 0.5 extra compresion, cheap bhp

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RodLane
The 205 injection engine has

a. the best rods.... easy 7200 with a visit to 7500 here and there

b has the best block...so if you did want to do a re-bore will take 93mm easily

c. the best flow from the inlet port short turn (this gives the extra 5 to 10 bhp)

d.its unleaded.

I would take the offer of the whole engine and use the bottom end as a base for a faster engine.

When you put the injection head on your current engine, use a Felpro or Adjusa head gasket, these crush to 1mm, 0.65mm less than the standard gasket and get you about 0.5 extra compresion, cheap bhp

Thanks for the advice Paul - I'll give it serious consideration - but not sure how I'm going to sneak a whole engine into the workshop without the wife noticing!

Dave you have a PM.

Best wishes

Rod.