First Track Experience

Guest scrabster

Guest scrabster

hi all,just got back from mallory park,had a half day open pit lane for £50.having only driven the zero along a factory estate pre sva on monday gone i thought what the hell in for a penny and all that.richard and his dad from gbs came and gave me loads of tips and advice,im glad they came i was bricking it a bit(is addrenalin a brown liquid?)first drive out the pit lane,ok.right hand bend,ok,red flag and back in the pits.a pug 205 off into the tyres.it started to rain waiting for clean-up.back out ,done about 12 laps or so,engine started to get hot the more confidence i got so came in for a while.i must say it sticks to the tarmac like chewing gum outside the newsagents.a good job richard was next to me i had,nt looked at anything apart from the track and occasionally the mirrors when i remembered.a cup of tea and a top up with water and back on track with richard at the wheel and he showed how it should be driven,almost a ton on the straight.i do need to alter the rad to stop it overheating,richard suggested a scoop inside the nosecone directing air upwards may cure it.the rad is almost flat anyway.one more problem was a knocking sound from n/s rear,back in pits and halfway up the trailer rich found the inner u/j was shot so i didnt risk anymore damage plus it started to rain again so that was that.over all i relly enjoyed the whole experience,pitty it was short lived.i got the registration forms yesterday so ill concentrate on filling them in.cant wait to get it road legal.how do you put pics on here ?thanks again to richard and his dad and a new mate,dave,who invited me today,he drives an escourt rs 2000 which is bloody rapid,he helped me with my pinto engine settings,cheers dave.

thanks for reading,still got the grin.

jess.

hi all,just got back from mallory park,had a half day open pit lane for £50.having only driven the zero along a factory estate pre sva on monday gone i thought what the hell in for a penny and all that.richard and his dad from gbs came and gave me loads of tips and advice,im glad they came i was bricking it a bit(is addrenalin a brown liquid?)first drive out the pit lane,ok.right hand bend,ok,red flag and back in the pits.a pug 205 off into the tyres.it started to rain waiting for clean-up.back out ,done about 12 laps or so,engine started to get hot the more confidence i got so came in for a while.i must say it sticks to the tarmac like chewing gum outside the newsagents.a good job richard was next to me i had,nt looked at anything apart from the track and occasionally the mirrors when i remembered.a cup of tea and a top up with water and back on track with richard at the wheel and he showed how it should be driven,almost a ton on the straight.i do need to alter the rad to stop it overheating,richard suggested a scoop inside the nosecone directing air upwards may cure it.the rad is almost flat anyway.one more problem was a knocking sound from n/s rear,back in pits and halfway up the trailer rich found the inner u/j was shot so i didnt risk anymore damage plus it started to rain again so that was that.over all i relly enjoyed the whole experience,pitty it was short lived.i got the registration forms yesterday so ill concentrate on filling them in.cant wait to get it road legal.how do you put pics on here ?thanks again to richard and his dad and a new mate,dave,who invited me today,he drives an escourt rs 2000 which is bloody rapid,he helped me with my pinto engine settings,cheers dave.

thanks for reading,still got the grin.

jess.

i have to say richard hall and dad and gbs generally are great guys , helpfull and supportive

graham

its a nice change !

Brave guy mallory is just up road from me. that wall up to hairpin looks scary one day i might have a go round mallory the thought just scares the hell out of me. Would rather have a bit of run off and kitty litter before the wall or tyres.

Guest scrabster
Brave guy mallory is just up road from me. that wall up to hairpin looks scary one day i might have a go round mallory the thought just scares the hell out of me. Would rather have a bit of run off and kitty litter before the wall or tyres.

hi,i thought the hairpin was the best bit, :shok: you can realy power out and like i said the zero just sticks to the road.even when richard gave it some it diddnt let go once.i am chuffed with it,not bad eh for a grandad. :good:

Thanks for letting us have a drive of your car, its a very nice build i think with a litle bit of work and practice it should be infront of the RSs got a few photos

Rich

Edited by RJHALL