Exhausts

Guest woolly

Before i splash out on a new exhaust, help or ideas please

pinto 2.1 i think is way to loud and i fancy a track day or simular, where i think i have to get the noise down to around 100 db ?

the present exhaust is i think the std stainless one looks like the one in the ads about £80 and is aprox 7-8 years old.

do they choke up can they be cleaned out or is it bread and water for a week.

thanks

woolly

I have repacked mine did it last summer but do think it needs some more in it soon. To repack i cut a letterbox in bottom packed it with the loose stuff from cbs then rivited a plate back over hole. got noise down to around 87dB track limits can be around 96dB.

post-2587-1234771039_thumb.jpg

post-2587-1234771049_thumb.jpg

post-2587-1234771057_thumb.jpg

post-2587-1234771065_thumb.jpg

Guest peter2b2002

the old ones from RH only lasted a few 110's of miles before blowing the stuffing out, i did mine like phil, now got a cherry bomb muff diver , one way loud (set off bmw alarms) turn it around ,a bit quieter

peter2b :D

Guest old_timbo

I repacked mine, and it didn't make much difference. Still too loud, but sounds naff as well - more like a blown exhaust than something sporty. Worst of all is when I give it the beans the whole viillage knows its that middle aged twit in the shiney red car behaving badly again!

I'm going for a new silencer. There was a post not long ago for a company in Essex that makes them up, but I can't find it again. Can anyone give me a pointer.

Tim

Worst of all is when I give it the beans the whole viillage knows its that middle aged twit in the shiney red car behaving badly again!

yep thats the one

last year i noticed it getting worse but after fitting the new high compresion head its now not cricket.

think i will get a new one and try repacking the old one got to get a lambda boss welded again.

thanks

woolly

Guest duncjuno

I got mine made up including Lambda at Custom Chrome, Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Did a really good job making up and fully fitted with new brackets etc. Did it while I had a coffee and breakfast around the courner, took about 2 hours. They will make to your specification, big or small and quite or loud.

I would recommend them and you often see them advertised in the Kit Car mag's.

Duncan

I bought mine from Car Builder Solutions.

Its repackable & built by Powerspeed near Ashford & works very well...doesnt quite get the XE down to

98DB!! but its trying to quieten 174 bhp.....it will be whisper quiet on a standard Pinto, but still keep a

satisfying growl.

Bob

thanks all

part of the problem is its the best part of 160 bhp.

having now spoken to gbsc a new one on the way so we will see. and will give the old one a right good stuffing :D

woolly

I got mine made up including Lambda at Custom Chrome, Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Did a really good job making up and fully fitted with new brackets etc. Did it while I had a coffee and breakfast around the courner, took about 2 hours. They will make to your specification, big or small and quite or loud.

I would recommend them and you often see them advertised in the Kit Car mag's.

Duncan

what sort of price was it duncan

longlife in plymouth today quoted me for

a 15 inch long box right angle tail pipe and 2ft ft pipe stainless.

that will be £160 +vat sir - when would you like to drop the car down :huh:

thank you for your time young man.