Engine Related

Guest duncjuno

Guest duncjuno

Just a quick request for info, please.

Has anyone with a Super Spec been brave enough to sort out the clutch carbuncle on the MT75 to Rover DOHC or to be more precise managed to quieten down the racket the release bearing makes.

I can’t decide if it’s the mechanical mismatch which is causing/amplifying the noise, of if I have to think about changing the release bearing because it’s on the way out. I am more inclined to think the release lever and release bearing configuration is at fault here, but wondered if anyone else has done a bit more investigation and sorted a better marriage in the bell housing so to speak.

I’m sure I also read somewhere that there is also a mismatch of manufacturers pressure plate and clutch plate something like Rover pressure plate and Ford clutch plate?, but I may have this wrong.

Be interested to hear comments from anyone on this, as I have searched the topic on previous threads but can’t see if anyone has successfully changed the clutch configuration. Alternatively, if anyone has upgraded to hydraulic, something like was fitted on the Scorpio MT75 box or even invented a hydraulic pull/push slave cylinder on the release arm?

Thanks, Duncan

Just a quick request for info, please.

Has anyone with a Super Spec been brave enough to sort out the clutch carbuncle on the MT75 to Rover DOHC or to be more precise managed to quieten down the racket the release bearing makes.

I can’t decide if it’s the mechanical mismatch which is causing/amplifying the noise, of if I have to think about changing the release bearing because it’s on the way out. I am more inclined to think the release lever and release bearing configuration is at fault here, but wondered if anyone else has done a bit more investigation and sorted a better marriage in the bell housing so to speak.

I’m sure I also read somewhere that there is also a mismatch of manufacturers pressure plate and clutch plate something like Rover pressure plate and Ford clutch plate?, but I may have this wrong

Be interested to hear comments from anyone on this, as I have searched the topic on previous threads but can’t see if anyone has successfully changed the clutch configuration. Alternatively, if anyone has upgraded to hydraulic, something like was fitted on the Scorpio MT75 box or even invented a hydraulic pull/push slave cylinder on the release arm?

Thanks, Duncan

Hi

Try here

http://community.rhocar.org/index.php?showtopic=8165

Also try a search on

+rob +west

and look at Dreds posts

Rob did a hydraulic conversion using a wilwood pull type slave cylinder sounds good and have been looking into it.

HTH

Steve