Engine Died And Now Won't Start Again

Guest duncjuno

Guest duncjuno

Here we go with another engine that has died and now won't start again.

I have searched previous topics for ideas on things to check, and followed most of these up and now running out of idea's. I even noticed there was one fault thread with a mouse nest stuck in the exhaust, and it's definately not that.

Rover 2.0lt DOHC, Rover Mems ECU.

The car has been running great for months, lots of power and no misfires. I have fuel at the rail, fuel pump is priming, checked the main engine loom relays (ECU, Fuel Pump & Lamda - there okay) replaced the king lead and coil for new. Dissy cap and rotor look okay, no dampness or cracks that I can see anyway, but still no spark. The newish plugs look dry as well with a normal brownish colour (not black), which is a bit funny considering all the turning over its had. I had been out in the car this afternoon and run really well for about half an hour, eveything running normal, fuel in the tank etc, etc, then at low revs it just died and refused to start.

Had to tow it home, and really stuck now where to go next. I haven't checked crank sensor yet, but will do, don't know how to test the Mems ECU. Any idea's what else to check, or if anyone with a SS / Rover engine set up, had similar problems and now fixed would be really appreciated.

Many thanks, Duncan

Guest duncjuno

Cheers Mark, I think I'll replace the rotor arm and dizzy cap for what they cost, and that will something else eliminated.

This one has really got me baffled, and I keep hoping that it's not the MEMS ECU thats gone funny, but I'll double check everything else first. <_<

Duncan

Guest duncjuno

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Road stones had got into the cut up bell housing, a stone, about the size of a pea then got caught up on the flywheel, and mashed up the Crank Position Sensor. Hey presto, no signal to the ECU, therefore no spark, and no fuel injected. New one ordered £35.00.

post-3393-1236438246_thumb.jpg

Not a sharpe image, but you get the idea