New Owner Doncaster

Guest Barryking

Guest Barryking

Hi all i'm Barry just purchased my first kit car Robin hood 2b with 2.o pinto, a complete newbie is there anybody near doncaster. My first problem is to change the sump its too low any tips thanks.

Guest chris brown
Hi all i'm Barry just purchased my first kit car Robin hood 2b with 2.o pinto, a complete newbie is there anybody near doncaster. My first problem is to change the sump its too low any tips thanks.

Hi Baz welcome to the site click here for instructions on how to lower the sump. I recommend using 3mm steel for the base as even after cutting down you will still hit it occasionally.

Guest MarkB
Gbs made me a lowered sump.

Dan

Hi baz im over in sheffield, i had one of my mechanics make mine for me, its not too difficult (easy to say when i didn't have to do it). If you don't need it back instantly i can get one of my boys to do it for you if you drop it over at my house in deepcar.

Guest bettinson2005
Hi baz im over in sheffield, i had one of my mechanics make mine for me, its not too difficult (easy to say when i didn't have to do it). If you don't need it back instantly i can get one of my boys to do it for you if you drop it over at my house in deepcar.

hi mark how much did they charge to do a sump cheers carl (sheffield) pm sent

Guest Barryking

Thanks for all the replies, but i have another question, is it possible to remove the sump from a pinto without lifting the engine, it looks very close to the chassis cross member, sorry but i am new to this kit car game

Guest shaggy

Hi Baz,

No you can't quite get the sump off without lifting the engine, no matter howe much you pray.

All you need to do however, is undo the engine mount bolts, and lift the engine around a couple of inches or so, so the engine mounts doesn't lift from the stud, that way once replaced, it'll just drop down again like a goo-un.

HTH

Si

• 10 years later...
Guest lee51

hi there guys o am a fully qualified fibreglass laminator and mould maker do anyone need any fibreglassing work done cheaper than buy new body parts I can repair and remake your parts contact me on scholey45@outlook.com