St Georges Day

Knock-on

I think I'm on for the 23rd of Feb.

Hadn't heard anything so gave the very helpfull people at SVA a bell and they said it looked like I'm on for St Georges day at Yeading.

Just waiting for confirmation and then the panicing starts :)

Actually, feeling pretty good now. Things are coming together nicely and it's starting to look like a car at last.

Probably be some last minute scampering but actually looking forward to the experience now.

3 days before my Birthday. Fingers crossed!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 1 week to go tomorrow and I'm just about there.

Still have the mirrors to fit and a little bit of trim but apart from that, it's Autosol and elbow grease.

If anyones local to Godalming (Nr Guildford) and feels like popping round to take the p*ss, or more preferably, look for any potential SVA issues I've missed, then let me know. I'm working in the evening on fine tuning but am away Friday to Sunday.

Thanks for everyones help over the past 3 years and I will update you on the fail points on Friday :D

Go slay a Dragon :wacko:

I'll try and pop over early next week for a butcher's

I'll ring to confirm time and date

Cheers,

Terry

Thanks for popping over tonight. Your opinion was much appreciated.

Getting nervous now :)

Oh bugger.

OK, things were going too well I suppose.

You know what it's like. Rushing around to fix a small job and discover 2 more?

Well, the speedo was working properly and then decided to cock-up over the weekend :(

Was either the sensor, wire or head unit on the Digidash Mk1 so had a chat with ETB.

"Blimey, that was years ago we sold them" was a response that didn't install much confidence. OK, it's taken a little longer to finish the car that first thought but.......

So, we decided it was likely the sensor and for the consideration of £25, a new one was dispatched first class and arrived yesterday. AND IT WORKED!!! Chuffed to say the least!

Then managed to make a bit of a mess of the covering on the rear wheel arches because I was rushing. Oh well, get through the SVA then sort it out.

Mirrors are on and screw heads siliconed in. Trim on everything that could possibly be described as a sharp edge and given the old girl a bit of Autosol.

Then I made the fatefull decision of T cutting a cycle wing and for some reason, it made a right mess of it? Oh well, they can't fail me for a dodgy paint finish.

All said and done, we will be pulling a late one tonight and get it all finished and on the transporter for tomorrow.

Blimey, this is more stressful than moving house!!

I would like to announce the arrival of Georgina (or Georgie).

Weighing in at an eye watering 690kg, she's a little on the chubby size for a new born but has 4 wheels, an engine and a very healthy SVA certificate.

Had a great time at the SVA station. Malcolm was down to earth, communicated everything perfectly and made us completely at ease. Top fella.

Got there at 8:45 and was starting the test at 9:00.

As expected, Malcolm went through things with a fine tooth comb but by the time we took a 20 minute break at 10:20, no problems had arisen.

After a whopper (the eating kind and not the "claimed BHP" claims Hoodies tend to make), it was back to the test and DISASTER!!

The first 2 fail points were discovered shortly followed by 2 more.

However, as the fails required the application of 2 cable ties and the covering of 2 bolt heads with self amalgamating tape that I hadn't done, then not too much of a problem :D

Everything else went swimmingly until the light alignment. The lights were aligned OK but when you put the high beam on, it shone down instead of up????

Malcolm had never seen anything like it and I was just as confused as these were standard lights that came wit the car?

Anyway, Malcolm allowed us to turn the light lense upside down, cut out 3 locator notches and reassemble the lights. Job done :)

Brakes, road test and noise test were all perfect just leaving Malcolm to shake hands, proclaim that he thought the car was nicely constructed and hand me a certificate at 12:45.

Great result!!!

Thanks everyone for the help (esp Graham, Alan, Terry etc) and I look foward to seeing you all at the next event.

Totally chuffed. Now, where's the beer.

Guest TerryBarry
Totally chuffed. Now, where's the beer.

Ah I correctly assumed that you guys were either down the pub celebrating or drowning your sorrows.

Well - A distinctly positive result

Well Done that man (those men) :yahoo: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :yahoo: :yahoo:

I think someone palmed you off with a set of Aussie headlights :rolleyes:

Great news, Larry , well done matey.

Not many Yeading first timers about, you're one of the few. :D

well done matey "taff" took his there what a laugh it was carn't remeber his name but had longish black hair like an eightys pop band "dollor" haha . anyway glad you got her through all that awaits now dvla then a good long drive :drinks: see you at one of the shows