Silding Pillar

Guest Peter j

Guest Peter j

Hello all,,

I am thinking about converting from sliding pillar suspension to wish bones as you can now buy a wish bone kit, so has anyone done this yet?

Cheers

Peter

Guest piddy

Yes loads of owners have converted to wishbones. I did mine, I brought all of the required parts,modifying some of them along the way. It's a big task to take on but well worth the effort. It totaly transforms the car.

Hello all,,

I am thinking about converting from sliding pillar suspension to wish bones as you can now buy a wish bone kit, so has anyone done this yet?

Cheers

Peter

Guest Peter j
Yes loads of owners have converted to wishbones. I did mine, I brought all of the required parts,modifying some of them along the way. It's a big task to take on but well worth the effort. It totaly transforms the car.

When you did change from pillar tp wish bones and you got the kit did it come with measurements or drawing also did you use the old hubs and any other bit.

Is there any down falls along the way

Regards

Peter.

Guest Ian & Carole

Converted mine 2 years ago.

Chopped every thing off and started from scratch.

A bit like woking with wood measure twice cut once! :D

When i can find some pics i wil post.

Buy the way GBS do a kit and for a reasonable fee will fit.

There's an echo in here. ;)

You won't be able to use the hubs from a sliding pillar setup on a wishbone conversion as the hole for the lower balljoint is chopped up when they are fitted to the sliding pillar setup. You will need a replacement set of hubs to use in the conversion.

Are you a member? There is at least one 2B that I know of locally that's ben converted (although not with a kit - from scratch). If not join up and stock up on chocolate biscuits and coffee cups and no doubt a bunch of Northwest Hoodies will descend upon you and give advice. It can be a little frightening at first but don't worry - most of them don't bite.

Iain

echo what echo? :D :D

Guest Peter j
There's an echo in here. ;)

You won't be able to use the hubs from a sliding pillar setup on a wishbone conversion as the hole for the lower balljoint is chopped up when they are fitted to the sliding pillar setup. You will need a replacement set of hubs to use in the conversion.

Are you a member? There is at least one 2B that I know of locally that's ben converted (although not with a kit - from scratch). If not join up and stock up on chocolate biscuits and coffee cups and no doubt a bunch of Northwest Hoodies will descend upon you and give advice. It can be a little frightening at first but don't worry - most of them don't bite.

Iain

Cheers to you so far,

I am a member of the club and will be at the next meet, as for taking on this sort of mod is no problem just looking at any pit falls before I start but this wont happen untill the winter months.

Cheers

Peter.

Edited by peter wells

Guest shaggy

Peter,

I changed the rubber red springs that came with the sliding pillar to beefier springs that I happened to have in the garage. The red ones were 80lb 9" open, and I replaced them with 300lb 8" open springs. It totally transformed the car. If you want to have a look at the set up, you are more tha welcome to as I'm in Fulwood.

Can't take it out at the moment though as its SORN and sale pending.

Si

Guest Peter j
Peter,

I changed the rubber red springs that came with the sliding pillar to beefier springs that I happened to have in the garage. The red ones were 80lb 9" open, and I replaced them with 300lb 8" open springs. It totally transformed the car. If you want to have a look at the set up, you are more tha welcome to as I'm in Fulwood.

Can't take it out at the moment though as its SORN and sale pending.

Si

Simon,

Can you mail me your number and addy, I will call round this weekend with my car just taxed it, you can mail me at peter@noblet.co.uk

Cheers

Peter

Guest Peter j
Hi Peter mine has had the conversion done although mine was a macphersion struct its the same job, im in chorley

Dave

Dave,

Can mail me your addy and number, it would be good to see yours.

Peter.

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi Peter

Once you start there is no turning back :o :o :o

micra002.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

The beginning

DSC01149-2.jpg

Nearly finshed, but it is a kit car!! it will never e totally finished :o will it :rolleyes: :huh:

Guest Peter j
Hi Peter

Once you start there is no turning back :o :o :o

micra002.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

The beginning

DSC01149-2.jpg

Nearly finshed, but it is a kit car!! it will never e totally finished :o will it :rolleyes: :huh:

Ian thanks for the photos, may just get stuck in.

Cheers

Peter

Guest Peter j
Hi Peter mine has had the conversion done although mine was a macphersion strut its the same job, im in chorley

Dave

Dave,

Thanks for the meet today and showing me around your many projects,

Regards

Peter.

Guest kleighton

Hi Peter,

I live in Leyland and have converted my suspsension. I think I've still got the drawings for the wishbones somewhere. Feel free to PM me if you like, I'll give you my number.

Cheers

Keith