Kfc....fresh?

Tazzzzman1

Hi, :o

A warning for anyone feeling peckish for a KFC!

Went out for my youngest daughters birthday this evening and popped into the local KFC...

My wife got a very nasty surprise when she got halfway through a hot wing (see photo)

It was puss (green and yellow and stank!

I have made a formal complaint and am now waiting to hear. The only excuse I got was "must be a batch problem, at least its cooked okay!"and got the £3.75 refunded...

The wife has spent the rest of the evening feeling sick...

I will be sending photo's to local food standards and KFC customer services with my complaint.

If there is any solicitors amongst you guys, some advice on next steps would be appreciated.

Cheers

Terry

Edited by tazzzzman1

iam afraid its not that it is not fresh chicken it is because of the way chickens are reared. My ex is training to be a vet and she see's this type of thing when they disect chickens. Intensively farmed chickens often get puss within the muscle. certainly not nice to find whilst eating.

My uncle is an environmental health bod for one of the local councils and he inspects a lot of the food places (amongst other things). His take on KFC is that generally it's is one of the "safer" places to get food. The way they cook involves the meat being kept at very high temps for quite a long time so any little nasties are well and truly dead by the time you get it. He reckons they are also generally pretty hot on cleanliness and standards (regular surprise inspections by head office or whoever and if they ain't up to scratch the franchisee get's a short sharp shock).

I suspect like zed says it'll be a problem with their raw material rather than something KFC have done (or not done). If it's in the middle of a piece of chicken they couldn't reasonably be expected to know about something like that and UK law (at least health and safety law) is largely based on what is reasonable. Unless you could prove that it's a regular occurance and they have done nothing about it (like changing supplier or whatever) then there will be no blame attached to KFC. By all means report it to the authorities so that they will be able to monitor the situation and see if it is a regular thing i.e. if they get a number of complaints about the same thing they can look deeper. You say you've had a refund and, although I'm not a legal bod, I don't think that you would be entitled to anything more in law. I suspect you'll maybe get some vouchers or something as a goodwill gesture.

Iain

I am not by no means a vegetarian, but the one and only place I will not eat meat is KFC. Its not so well publicised here in the UK as some other countries (I learned about it in Germany) but like agent zed says its the way they are reared.

There are as many chickens as humans on the planet but no other is treated so badly and on such a huge scale.

Here`s a quick video, and yes it is Pamela Anderson, but the rest of the birds dont look so good (not for the kids by the way)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFgbHK6yP2g

Guest pwlcarz

Never understood why McD's, KFC, BK, etc. are so popular. Why eat cardboard when you can get proper tasty freshly cooked food?

And as for kebabs! Salmonella on a stick more like!!

... Sorry, just an old fart thing!

its an abcess on the chicken, ive heard ot this b4, usually the mayo hides it (yuckkkkkkkk),

but were all guilty of eating cheaply reared meat,

Burgers make me laugh, 100% beef, yea right, there not lying, there just not saying which bit of the animal it was,, viens, skin,sinues, its all beef!!!!!!, just remember that next time your at a show eating one of there burges youve paid £4 for, which they bought for 10 each !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mitch

Guest erichetherington

My daughter worked her way through college by doing part time work in a fast food place (with a big yellow sign), she is now a veggy and apparently 90% of the long term staff are as well. I don't use them anymore, if I want a burger I'd rather risk a roadside van.

Guest shaggy

A friend of mine had a dodgy KFC about 15 years ago - same sort of thing - Mayo in the middle.

He spent 10 days in intensive care, and was lucky to come out the other side alive. Now if he eats chicken, he must boil it for half an hour to ensure all the bugs are totally destroyed.

He couldn't possibly have a chicken meal that some else has prepared as he tried that around 10 years ago and was sick for a week (only 3 days in hospital this time though.

KFC - I'm just struggling with the first word (K) - who'd like to fill in the blanks....

K

F******g

Chicken

:o

Guest peter2b2002

most chicken comes from abroad because it's so cheap , like tesco doing 3 chickens for £10, they pump them full of anti biotics to help them grow quickly and kept in small cages, then shipped over here , I only buy from my local farmers market or butcher so I know were they come from, did any one see Hampster doing a how to make a sausage, into the mincer went pigs ears , a bit of cheek ,filler, salt & herbs and colour, after cooking he couldn't tell they weren't true pork but trading standards said as it was 10% pig meat they could be sold as pork sausages, the same goes for cheep beef burgers, a bit of grissle , conective tissue, mecanical recoverd meat ie they pressure wash the bones to get the last bit of gunk of the bone then its put into pies, cheep burgers. :bad:

bon appetite

peter2b