Weirdest Part On Your Car

agent_zed

Guest Bazwaz

My starter button is a nurse call button. Car starts ok but no one comes. :D Who remembers the earlier hoods where we were told to make the embelishers for the clocks from the rims of Pot Noodle containers. :D

Baz

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My chassis is made from a mixture of old drawing hanging racks and metal school chair tubes, all from skips at my work and my daughters school,

Dashboard is an old oak floorboard (also from a skip)

Petrol reservoir tank is a CO2 welding bottle

Gear knob is the wooden handle from my wood plane

Front grill came from a BBQ

Padding for the seats is a lot of old jumble sale blankets and a child's sofa bed

The central spine of the bonnet is an electrical conduit cover (skip)

The floor is made from separate sections of 2mm aluminium shelving units (skip)

Most of the rest was donated or came from Ebay, I did buy new nuts & bolts, Aluminium sheet for the bodywork was new and I bought a new pot of green paint :rolleyes:

post-99-1238658347_thumb.jpg

Guest scottie686

My overflow bottle for the rad is a small thermal metal drinks flask from Robert Dyas (which was the same colour as my chassis, hence why i bought it!!!) with a rubber cap that has a 8mm stainless tube running through it that i pinched from her bottle of Italian Olive Oil and aided with pouring!! Cos the tube is both sides of the rubber cap the overflow hose from the rad and the bit of hose inside the bottle fit perfectly!! Job done. Now i have to settle with regular cooking oil!! A fair sacrifice!!! hehe!!

Scott

i have an emptyvodka bottle for oil catchment tank...(its aluminuim whichis why i got it., contents came in second!)

shower pipe to cover cables to headlamps

ice cream tub gave sva friend covers foe seat belt

part of walnut tree turned into gear knob

mahogany back of sideboard became dashboard

alarm on/off switch is boot lock

i think theres enough for a book if we all send this ideas with picures to the editer of the mag..i remember the mg owners club did a simelar thing a few years ago, i still have mine somewhere.. includes useful ideas like bleeding brakes with a lemonade bottle. :rolleyes:

Guest superspec

Vacuum cleaner pipes for radiator pipes. plus nail varnish bottle with base removed and bonded on top of washer bottle to extend access.

Edited by superspec

• 1 year later...