Exhaust Manifold On/off A Pinto

Guest mattcarpenter10

Guest mattcarpenter10

Hi All, Need to pick brains here, but it seems there is a problem with Exhaust manifolds on the Pinto cracking, when under stress from the more rigind exhaust design of the robin hood. Does anyone have the same issue and further still does anyone have a good cure?! I have been trying to look into a flexi piece that could be inserted - other than that its a new/second hand manifold every few months!

Hi All, Need to pick brains here, but it seems there is a problem with Exhaust manifolds on the Pinto cracking, when under stress from the more rigind exhaust design of the robin hood. Does anyone have the same issue and further still does anyone have a good cure?! I have been trying to look into a flexi piece that could be inserted - other than that its a new/second hand manifold every few months!

R u meaning the original pinto manifold as they are pretty sturdy ! or an after market one either way is the hanger on the silencer flexible enough and u can get a flexi piece of pipe that will weld into ur system I think europa spares do them and I mean a nice compact quality item not that long garish thing u get in the motorist centres !!

Guest mattcarpenter10

Yes - the original manifold! Its cracked just up from the pipe mounting point behind the 2/3rd ports. I have seen a few the same now!

Yes - the original manifold! Its cracked just up from the pipe mounting point behind the 2/3rd ports. I have seen a few the same now!

Hi mate that flexi coupling I mentioned is actually from merlin motorsports based at castle combe circuit not Europa - so many car bits catalogues I forget where Ive seen wot !

Hi,

i found on my 2b exhaust (the twin pipe) that the flange was welded on at an incorrect angle, so i cut it off and welded it back on at a better angle. Just a thought as this may cause your broken manifolds as it would put extra stress in that area. hth