Who Nicked My Exhaust

XSU976

Been working on the wife for ages, gained enough brownie points to buy a new exhaust without the usual earache every thing was going to plan.

Sunday logged on to flea bay kit parts direct are selling two RH exhausts, buy it now £85 starting price £70, looking good made a bid of £70, even with the delivery I'm still going to save myself £15 everyones a winner.

Sat and watched the days go by as there was 4 days to go but no worries theres two on offer and they can't sell that many can they? logged on at work today, 20 mins left no other bids on either exhaust I'm home & dry. Then the effluent plant goes down so off to fix that and rushed back to pay for my purchase, and its gone?

Some toe-rag had nipped in and gazzumped me with £72 I'm sick, Iv'e checked the buyers profile and he's obviously a builder but thats not making me feel any better, if you are the buyer and are reading this then hold your head in shame, my life is detroyed, I'll have to wait until they refill flea bay and that could be hours, what am I going to do? I can't pay full price next time, she knows I can get it cheaper if I wait but I don't want to wait.

I hope your happy with yourself

Rant over,

Tom Hayden

Guest burgo

you should have bid £85. remember that ebay bid for you so just cos you bid £85 doesnt mean you pay that. it just mean if someone bids £75 it bids £76 for you

Guest Geordiebarry
you should have bid £85. remember that ebay bid for you so just cos you bid £85 doesnt mean you pay that. it just mean if someone bids £75 it bids £76 for you

I did that yesterday, (bid the buy it now price) and ebay flash up 'Why not buy it now?) I say cos it should be cheaper even if I am prepared to pay it. I don't though money away.

At £75 I'd would have had to apply for an extension from the wife, the idea was watch and up the ante if required but the Sh*t farm at work got in the way of the watching bit.

Tom Hayden

Guest Ian & Carole
You should check out there website as some of there stuff is cheaper from them direct and dearer on ebay.Worth a check.

Andy

Tom

Give Richard a ring at the factory he might broker you a deal.

Or like Andy says chech the web site.

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

I have a spare R.H exhaust which i got with the car and cant seem to fit it to mine as the alternater is in the way and the steering rack, we gave the 4 into one pipe a few smacks with the hammer to try and make it fit but to no avail, make me an offer if you want i am in swanage

Hi Gents,

Thanks for the advice and offers, Grim has made me an offer I won't refuse, I can wait until Stoneleigh (thank you).

Swannage Dave, I so nearly got permission to drive down to you as I'm off to Farnham to collect new wheels on Saturday but apparently my lead won't reach that far as one of the kids is coming home from uni and I have to be at work Sunday. but thanks for the offer.

See you at Stoneleigh

Guest Loz1968

Hi all

you were a bidder then lol

I was looking for a new exhaust as well for my S7 but the 2 on ebay had bids on so i left them

I rang GBS and they did me a deal £80 all in

arrived the next day bit shorter then mine but lots quieter :rolleyes:

so some times it can be cheaper to give them a call

but glad you got 1 sorted in the end

Hi all

you were a bidder then lol

I was looking for a new exhaust as well for my S7 but the 2 on ebay had bids on so i left them

I rang GBS and they did me a deal £80 all in

arrived the next day bit shorter then mine but lots quieter :rolleyes:

so some times it can be cheaper to give them a call

but glad you got 1 sorted in the end

Oh Bugger