Speedo Cable Routing?

Guest SteveL

Guest SteveL

Hi Guys

How did you route your speedo cable from the side exit in the drivers footwell to the speedo itself? Did you take it outside the footwell (either underneath or out into the engine bay to "use up" some of the extra length?

What sort of angle/curve can the cable to routed through before it starts to bind on the outer sheath and causes problems, or even worse, the cable to break?

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

how's it going mate? Going to Detling?

I know you have the 2b, so I will tell you how I routed mine. Go straight out through the tunnel wall into the drivers footwell. Run the cable along the front edge of the cross member in front of the drivers seat, out to the side of the car. Bend it forward down the footwell, running along the side of the bottom chassis member. At the first vertical strut take the cable up to inside of the scuttle area. Route it over the top of the steering column, and bend it into the socket on the back of the tacho. You should find that the cable is just about the perfect length for this route.

Daz

Guest SteveL

Hi Daz

Things seems to be going slower, the closer I get to finishing the car! It seems like the first 80% of the work takes 20% of the time and the remaining 20% takes 80% of the time!

Can't make Detling, as we've got family type things to do.

Thanks for the routing you used. I'll try it out tonight (assuming the missus doesn't mind another night without me!) Seems that the curves can be rather more curvey than I first thought.

Steve