Tintop Advice

Guest wigman_99

Guest wigman_99

My boss's handbrake failed yesterday. His A3 rolled some 100m down the carpark into the side of my 106. It's ruined the dvr door, rear panel and slightly bent the B pillar.

I am claiming on his insurance. I went straight to a local crash repair garage who have quoted approx £2500 to repair, so essentially it's going to be a write off. :(

Here's my drama. The car drives, it looks poo though. It's an awesome little runner, in really good nick (except for the audi shaped dent on one side) but I'll only get about £700 for it through his insurance.

What are my options? Keep my car, will they give me cash?

This has never happened to me before and I feel pretty cheesed off that through absolutely no fault of my own I'm going to get shafted. To replace the car will cost more than the insurance will give me for it. :(

Annoyed.

Any advice out there?

Cheers all. Off to work on the RH now. :D

Guest woolly

feel for you :o

been there as they say

never accept the first offers unless they are acceptable which they wont be.

arm your self with as much information as to the excellent condition your car was in and cuttings from auto trader etc. of other cars similar condition.

in situations like this doubt if you will get a courtesy car.

is your hood covered for commuting ?

best of luck.

woolly

Guest Jabberwocky

if it goes through the insurance company it might get classed as an insurance write off and that will mean it could be a complete nightmare to sell in the future

Guest yokel

Sorry to hear the bad news,

A few things to ponder, insurers will pay roughly 60% of market value to repair, so if your 106 is a late model you may get a result, secondly take it to at least three repairers, they are all quiet now so could well get a low price to repair. Finally, as keeper you have the right to the salvage and so could by the car back as well as being paid out for it, then get it repaired as cheaply as possible, but as mentioned before any future pay out on a repaired write off is 50% market value.

HTH

Tony