Nissan 200sx Turbo Engine

Guest The Stig

Guest The Stig

Hey guys, just thinking 'like we all do' and came up with several new engine transplants one of which could be the Nissan 200SX RWD engine and box. Possibly the turbo unit 200bhp + from std. :o Now also very affordable being £500 - 1000 :D

Has anyone used this engine previously, or had any thoughts towards this.

Already set-up for RWD with loads of power must be a bonus eh!

Not sure of the weight though, but gotta be worth a try?

Guest SeanStone

I have the intention of putting a similar type of engine (if not the same) into a kit car. I was looking into the S2000 engine. 9k rpm, yes please.

I'll be interested to hear the replies.

I think your problems will lie with sourcing bell housing, engine mounts and possibly having to go for an aftermarket ecu. That would mean a custom harness and a remap too so the costs start mounting up. However if you can source the gearbox for it too then a custom drive shaft is much cheaper than the bell housing.

I think your problems will lie with sourcing bell housing

You won't have to source a bell housing as providing you can fit it in you can use the gearbox off the 200sx or honda as they are rear wheel drives. I have no idea of the sizes of these boxes but i'd certainly be interested to know as it would be a lot easier just to get a new prop and engine mounts than have to try and mate the engines to a ford box. Besides if you were to mate the honda s2000 engine to a ford box you would be extremely fast going backwards with 5 speed reverse and 1 forward, as i believe the engine spins the wrong way. hth

Guest SEgan

I am sure the 200sx engine and gearbox has been successfully put in a 2B before, there was one for sale on Piston Heads last year. Sounds like a good idea to me if you can get a donor that hasn't been drifted to death.

Guest dan8400

If you look in this month's KIT CAR magazine there is a two page peice on some american guy who fitted this engine. Got a turbo the size of a bin lid :D

Guest The Stig
If you look in this month's KIT CAR magazine there is a two page peice on some american guy who fitted this engine. Got a turbo the size of a bin lid :D

Well worth a look then! The other option would be the Silvia 1800 turbo lump, again using the complete set-up, may also be an easier install being an older style engine with less electronics. :D