Sierra Rear Camber Wedges

Peter Bell

Guest timswait

Having a high ride height will reduce the amount of -ve camber.

What about toe angle? Dropping the Sierra trailing arms will affect this too (I think it will cause toe out :unsure: ) Is it possible to have them made in say 1 degree increments, and then they can be added as necessary for different people's cars. If the mounting bolts are in a square pattern they could even be rotated through 90 degrees and used to control toe angle. I would be interested in a set, who was it that's getting a set made? Do jigtec still exist to make them?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Having just removed my wedges to give more negative to get bigger tyres on (didn't work) the ride was more harsh, the back end was jumpy on bumps and cornering reduced. I have put them back in. One tip in fitting is to cut them in half verticaly. You can then remove wheel and drum, slacken the bolts but only remove the front or rear two, fit a half wedge and put the bolts back in and part tighten, then remove the other two bolts and fit the other half of the wedge. Keeps everything in alignment and means you dont need to dismantle the rear brakes and you barely move the backplate.

Nigel

Guest chris brown
how long would it take ME to fit them?
You about 4 days :p :p :p :p

Seriously through it is easy to do but the backplate has to be removed to fit them in one piece but the easy way is to cut them exactly in half ether vertically or horizontally then the hub bolts can be loosened and two removed at a time the half wedge fitted then bolts replaced then repeat procedure for other two bolts. Easy

Thats a realy good tip Chris. Must remember that one. :D

Nigel

Timswait the bolt pattern is not square but you could have a set machined up with a angle in both vertical and horizontal planes to do what you want. Just need some careful measurement of current toe and camber, an idea of what you want it to be and a bit of maths and fannys your maiden aunt.

Guest docter fox

Chris, I changed 2 wheels today and it only took me the morning :p

now that they're an inch bigger it looks like It's less negative? or is this just my imagination ;)

• 2 months later...