Panel Fitting

Guest kleighton

Guest kleighton

Afternoon all,

I'll hopefully soon be looking to fit my panels to my 2b, and I've been having a think about how to seal them.

First of all thinking about bolting the two scuttle panels together (fixed scuttle), what do people use to seal the gap where they join ? The panels I've got have a fold about half of the way down the join, I'll be bolting these folds together, but what can I do for the rest of that length where the panels just butt together ?

My wiring is coiled up underneath the scuttle and obviously would prefer to keep this dry.

Also as I'm not fitting a screen yet, what's used to fill the wiper and vent holes. I think I may be able find some blanks for the wiper holes, but can't decide whether or not to seal an aluminium plate over the vent holes (now painted). Has this been done before, and does it keep things dry (ish) inside.

As always any comments are appreciated,

Cheers

Keith

Keith

I used polyurethane to seal up the gaps, Tiger something was the brand name. For the wiper holes used some large gromits, Got some over if you need them. The vent holes where cover by the aero screen I made. I've still got the spare bit of plastic to make a second screen just not got round to bring it round for u fella.

Steve

Guest robin

i riveted an ali plate under the scuttle gap, grommets for the wiper spindle holes and then you you could silicone seal or other bond some blanking plates under the scuttle where the vents are. this way you wont see them and you can take them off at a later date to fit the windscreen if that's the intention.

robin

Guest kleighton

Thanks for that guys. I'll have to find some blanks the right size for the spindle holes first of all, the one's I have are way too big.

Steve, I'm getting clsoe to fitting that aero screen, are you free one day soon ?

Cheers

Keith