Stay Well Away From Sureterm!

Guest fozzy2007

Guest fozzy2007

Even if it means paying more elsewhere, DO NOT USE SURETERM FOR ANY INSURANCE!!

Just sold my Kit car and thought, right, ill cancel my insurance as im paying monthly.

Shock horror, if you have been paying the insurance for 4 months or more, you are not entitled to any refund or any reduction in payments if you want to cancel.

So i have to continue to pay £30 a month for the next 6 months even though i dont have the car anymore.

They told me i would be liable for the full amount due + a £50 surcharge for canceling if i cancled it now or i can just continue paying and not get billed any extra. (except the £30pm to insure thin air)

I find this disgusting as i have not made a single claim, not even a chip removal.

Has anybody else had problems with them

Whatever happens, I will not be using thoses con merchants ever again.

Pardon for my rant but this has really peed me off.

any other insurance company i have ever had to cancel with have never had a problem. no extra's for canceling and no more payments

consider yourselves warned

Regards

Fozzy

Guest Andrew M

I had a this problem with a company that used to use and had done for years, they told me it was because of an "Admin Charge" so I pushed them and asked for a itimised bill of the so called admin charge and also told them that it is un-lawfule to charge people for stopping the contract, in the end I did not pay them any money and they ended up in paying me £30.00.

This was an insurance broker but it might be worth looking into the law side of this.

Guest jhfozzy

From their terms and conditions buddy.

Should you wish to cancel, the maximum we will retain from the annual total is the set up fee disclosed before policy inception, you will be charged nothing extra.

Send them the certificate back by recorded delivery, cancel the direct debit and let them spin for it.

Edited by Fozzy

Guest Stuartl

I had similar problems with them when I sold my Striker.

When some spotty (I assume :D) teen boy tried to threaten me into paying I told him I would happily have my day in Court with Sureterm and would ask him personally to attend the hearing. No more calls or letters followed.

Still doesnt beat Adrian Flux illegally setting up a second DD from my bank then taking money they were not due. The Police agreed it was theft and that I should report them for it. As it was they returned the money and I didnt bother, I just advise anyone not to use Flux, they are scumbags

Guest pcarr
I had similar problems with them when I sold my Striker.

When some spotty (I assume :D) teen boy tried to threaten me into paying I told him I would happily have my day in Court with Sureterm and would ask him personally to attend the hearing. No more calls or letters followed.

Still doesnt beat Adrian Flux illegally setting up a second DD from my bank then taking money they were not due. The Police agreed it was theft and that I should report them for it. As it was they returned the money and I didnt bother, I just advise anyone not to use Flux, they are scumbags

I have to defend Flux, have had my car insured with them for three years, raised the agreed valuation with no issues, did try to charge an admin fee in yr 2 but refused to pay it and since then they have been fine.

Paul

Guest old_timbo

I had my renewal through from Flux the other day. £210 pa fully comp. Thought it sounded a bit high. Had a 'phone around and Pickles offered me the same cover for £107. So I went back to Flux and invoked their price guarantee. Immediately they offered me cover with the same insurance company as I was with originally (Trinity) for £125, then knocked another £25 off which they said they'd look after themselves. So I renewed for £100.

Why didn't they just offer me renewal at £125 to start with? I'd have accepted that without question. Distinct lack of integrity methinks. If it wasn't for the fag of setting up the agreed value again, I'd have gone with Pickles and not gone back to them again.

Tim

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I agree with Fozzy - insurance companies are chancers by nature.

just send back the certificate and stop the payments, how long will they chase £100 --- also did you really understand the terms when they are read out to you ?? - bet you havent actually signed an acceptance ?

I got "threatened" by Roadsure that if I didnt pay the £20 for the " Accident manager" part of my policy that if I had to pursue a third party I would be on my own - it seems to me that insurers are moving away from any responsibillity that they can.

personally I think that is probably suspect in the eyes of the Law - how can you sell insurance and then chose to opt out of any communication regarding a claim ?

when I have been unfortunate enough to have dealings with insurance companies it always feels as if I am on my own and I do all the chasing so I kept my £20 and decided "gamble" on my destiny.

perhaps some one can explain how silly/smart I was to not pay for the Accident Manager ?

Steve

Guest Andrew M

Guys,

Just picking up on some things in here about the agreed value, I have not done this (fist time mistake) how do you get this done?? I am with Adrian Flux and remember something about have to get a signeture on the form from a club member