Wireing Woes

Guest jayg

Guest jayg

Hi all,

After a very slow build (Collected 2B kit in Oct 2002) I seem to be getting down to it this year. I am having a few issues with the Vicky Green loom (I know I'm not alone there!).

I managed to strip down the Sierra loom (2.0 SOHC- Motorcraft ESC module) and isolate the engine management relays etc. The VG diagram states that the WHITE and WHITE/ BLACK wires on the loom "connect to various engine ignition systems" I feel stupid asking the question but "where on the original Ford loom do these two wires need to go?"

Cheers

Jay.

Guest jayg
is your engine an efi, I will have a look in my haynes book

peter2b

Hi,

Sorry I should have given the details -I'm new to this thing!

The engine is 1989 2.0 SOHC with Weber Carb.

Cheers

Jay.

Guest peter2b2002

just looked at Haynes , the only wires that I can see going to the engine are + (red) to pin 38 relay M2 engine management , brown + to pins 2 & 14 on the ESC 2 ignition module, there is also a green wire that goes to the coil and pin 1 on the ESC. Hope this helps

peter2b

Guest jayg
just looked at Haynes , the only wires that I can see going to the engine are + (red) to pin 38 relay M2 engine management , brown + to pins 2 & 14 on the ESC 2 ignition module, there is also a green wire that goes to the coil and pin 1 on the ESC. Hope this helps

peter2b

Hi Peter,

Thanks- It is what to do with the Vicky green wires that I'm after but I appreciate your help.

Jay

Guest jayg
Jay, have you looked at the NW Hoodies site to identify your wiring module and possibly solve your wiring problems at a stroke. Link here. You may get away by linking the white to coil pos and the white/black to coil neg and then just adding in the esc wiring.

Nigel

Hi Nigel,

Thanks, yeah I have the said pages stuck in the Haynes manual with the Ford schematics. I try connecting to the coil and hope for the best.

Cheers

Jay

White to coil pos is an ignition live supply. Will need to loop on to one of the terminals on whatever ESC unit you have. The coil neg terminal will have a connection to a terminal on the ESC unit also (the white/black links coil neg back to the rev counter). Dizzy will also have links to the ESC. Have you identified what unit you have?

Nigel

Guest jayg
White to coil pos is an ignition live supply. Will need to loop on to one of the terminals on whatever ESC unit you have. The coil neg terminal will have a connection to a terminal on the ESC unit also (the white/black links coil neg back to the rev counter). Dizzy will also have links to the ESC. Have you identified what unit you have?

Nigel

Thanks Nigel. I've got the ESC2 ignition module.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got round to connecting everything up- white to coil +ve and white/black to -ve from rev counter. Turned the ignition key and after turning the dizzy 1/4 turn got the engine to fire. What a feeling!!!! Thanks everyone.