Insurance

Guest piddy

Every car has to have its own insurance certificate in the UK, not every driver (as in other parts of Europe - Germany for instance). In the UK you can only tax an insured car, despite that fact that other people may already be insured to drive it. EG I can drive any car with the 3rd party cover on my tin-top's insurance, but I can't tax any car other than the one named on the policy. Hence every CAR needs its own insurance.

I guess there's no problem with an insurance company issueing two insurance certificates and only collecting one lot of payment. In fact I have taken out insurance on two cars simultaneously in the past (mine and my wife's) and only one entry showed on the VISA bill, but two distinct insurance policies were taken out, on two distinct cars.

Ant

Guest mickmellors

I have asked Roadsure and they will be happy to quote for 'normal' cars as well as kits.

My Peugeot is due for renewal in a couple of weeks - I'll let you know how they compare.

As is usual, you need to shop around for insurance. although Roadsure were the cheapest for the Hood (and I'm convinced it's only a 'one of' to get our business) Fluxy was the cheapest for my Disco, not much less than the usual Co's but quite a bit less than Roadsure.

Insurance is a bit of a con in my eyes (unless you're one of these numpties that crash a car every year!)

I have 3 cars, (the Hood, the Disco & the RV Jeep) all insured in my name, each with it's own policy. Now if I bump one of them, I have to declare it to the other insurances, which means they will all suffer,£££'s

The other thing is, I don't need or want a courtesy car.

Even the crash happy Yanks don't insure each car, they insure each DRIVER.

Mind you, if garages actually priced the repair jobs up properly, instead of trying to rip the insurance companies off, "Oh, it's an insurance job sir? right +200%" then the price of policies wouldn't be as high.

Moan ,moan, moan,

you can't win with insurance companies, but do you want to win? a fair deal would, I am sure suit most people.

With regards garages putting their laaaaarge profit margin onto an insurance claim

there seems no point in the insurance company paying inflated prices as we all know who pays the extra, got it in one, the policy holder.

Churchill insurance have set up their own repair centre as apposed to using an

approved repairer.( Nottingham area) This will mean they do not have to pay

ridiculous prices to repairers.

I am in the process of having my tin top repaired by them but up to now they are not doing very well

Small piece of masking tape sprayed over on the door

Laquer not bonded to the paint

cant see out of passenger mirror. Fit another mirror , still no good

Left hand drive mirror fitted I think.

Take it back in for another try - courtesy car with out of date tax disc.

ASK CHURCHILL ?

Swan

You can insure more than one vehicle on one policy. My mates trade insurance policy states that it covers any vehicle in his businesses care or posession for any driver engaged on his companies business (he and his wife are also covered for social domestic and pleasure use) and he has no problems taxing vehicles with it. I had a quote for a fleet policy on my cars (5) but it would have cost slightly more than the seperate policies. I also met a company at a bike show a few years ago who would cover one car and one classic bike but the bike had to be over 20 years old and less than 1K miles per year. All you can do is hunt and keep asking. Unfortunately while we are legally required to have insurance the companies have us over a barrel unless the government/regulatory body step in and force them to offer things.

I too think insurance is a rip-off. I don't want anything but a fair deal but I don't beleive there is such a thing in this country.

Iain