Poached Eggs Are Dangerious!

miikae

I just fancied a couple of poached eggs as i often do , so i placed them in my microwave poacher as usual , took them out when done , opened the lid and one nearly blew my head off and the bang frightened the dogs , the other seemed ok so placed it in a bap , half way through eating it that also blew up and burnt my lip, this is the first time ever that this has happened to me, so i conclude that eggs are much more dangerious than the colesterol they contain if not treated with caution.

Mike

even sports man have been caught out!

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Broadfo...sion.5272399.jp

Piercing the shell of an egg before cooking may not be sufficient to prevent an explosion if the membrane inside the shell is not broken. Although the patient claimed to have pierced the yolk sac before cooking an intact yolk sac would allow a build up of positive pressure inside the yolk

Almost 300 movies of eggs exploding in the microwave are available on the video sharing website ‘YouTube’. These videos demonstrate that the force generated by an exploding egg is great enough to blow open the door of a microwave oven. More should be done to educate people not to cook eggs in microwave ovens.

scary.

I had something similar with scrambled eggs when I was much younger. I took my breakfast out of the Microwave and it exploded all over me. I assume there was an air pocket that exploded.

Talk about having egg on your face.