V6 Type 9 Gearbox

ibrooks

As per the title really I've got two that are surplus to my requirements. I've never driven either but they both run through the gears fine on the deck and spun over by hand with some resistance on the output shaft there are no nasty feelings or noises.

£20 collection from Darwen-ish

Iain

Guest Geordiebarry

I would be interested in one of these but it is a bit far to travel. Any chance you could post it. If so cost inlcuding postage to Aberdeen?

Cheers

Barry

Sorry dude - I've had trouble trying to post a gearbox in the past.

Courier turned up, took it and then brought it back an hour or two later saying that they wouldn't take it unless I could prove it had been professionally cleaned because it was leaking oil. Funny how there was oil on the outside of the shrink-wrap (and there was a LOT of shrink-wrap and cardboard) but when I took it all off there was no oil on the inside.

If you're not in a rush we can see if we can get a relay going amongst the club.

Iain

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me will this gearbox fit a 2.0 l Pinto engine

Nope - sorry. The bell-housing is different and the input shaft is too long. These are both things that can be swapped for the 4-cylinder versions so although the answer is actually largely yes it's quite an involved job.

Iain

Guest Peter G
Nope - sorry. The bell-housing is different and the input shaft is too long. These are both things that can be swapped for the 4-cylinder versions so although the answer is actually largely yes it's quite an involved job.

Iain

Thanks for the quick reply

does anyone have a spare Type 9 5 speed gearbox for a 2.0 l pinto

• 3 weeks later...