Le Man Classic 2010

Guest chris brown

Guest The Modfather

I spoke to someone on the ferry going home, who identified the culprit has cheap fuel (Sans Plomb 95 E10). He said that this fuel has 'ethanol' added hence the E10 marking on the pump, and only engines designed to take this fuel won't cough and splutter. Something to do with lowering the emissions???

So the next time you go to France buy the expensive stuff!

Carl.

I had to use E10 in a fill up and it ran fine. I used the supermarket pumps near the traffic lights in Rouen.

Perhaps it was the bottom of the station tank, or polluted fuel from a particular station. I know some time ago a UK supermarket was selling bad fuel and it cost users thousands of pounds all over the country in engine damage.

Hope you are running better now though?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They sell two varieties of 95.

The first is bare 95, the second (95 E10) has ethanol added.

I had problems with both of them, poor tickover, & rough pickup until I started to use the 98.

As it diluted the 95, the running got better.

Managed to dodge most of the rain coming home on Wednesday, just got caught about 40 miles from Boulogne & was amazed how dry we stayed with just a surrey top & biggish side wind deflectors.

Well done Chris, a great week out.

Bob Ray & Roy.

Guest chris brown

Thanks for all the comments folks I had a fantastic time so good in fact I might even do it again in 2012

The fact that we got so close to all that metal made it for me I could have spent days just drooling over some of them

Oh BTW the company was pretty good as well