Le Man Classic 2010

Guest chris brown

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest erichetherington

Just looked at Condor, LD Lines and Norfolk ferries. I've used them all in the past but prices seem nuts to me Norfolk means a much longer drive both sides for me but only costs £36. Both the others are pushing £200 for a night crossing includund a cabin (Yes I'm getting old and soft!). Has anyone found a better compromise on price/practicallity.

Thanks

Eric

Guest carl leonard

Spoke to Mick yesterday and he's booked two trips / ferries !

Norfolk Line £34 per trip.

24hr - Going out on the Wed, coming back Monday (He calls it splash and dash)

Classic - Going out Sunday and coming back following Monday. As previous we'll stay at Dial Daves. I'm getting use to the Hot Shower, Good food & beer and not going to bed until 4.00am. The only down side is cutting 100m of 6ft hedge and cutting the grass.

See you all at the first show or Stoneleigh.

Carl

(Chris - Micks paying you our deposit for the classic) :D

Thanks Geoff, it was working a couple of months ago then went French only.

There are still places available if anyone fancies joining us. PM me for more information.

Chris

hi Carl

where are you staying for the 24?

I was gong to arrive at DD's on the Thursday am about 10/11ish - when is Mick booking the meal?

Are you bunking with DD this year - btw when is bath night ? or are you going in Nobbys camper??

Paul

Guest erichetherington

Carl,

You lucky so-and-so's I'm not jealous that you are going to both, but then I'm a lying little sod.

Just make sure all the grass and hedges are cut before I arrive in July!

Hope you are well

Eric

Guest carl leonard

Hi Paul

24Hr - Given the timescales I think we may stay at DD and commute. Not decided yet on the best way forward.

Classic - Same as previous year, arrive at DD on Sunday night, stay until Thursday and then down to the campsite.

Don't know if Nobby is going with his truck this year but I'll ask.

My understanding is that Mick is only booking the meal for the classic.

If you want to meet or chat before give me a call on 07795 011964

Carl.

(Eric - Look forward to seeing you at Stoneleigh or DD around 9.00pm on the Sunday (Tell DD to get the burgers and beers in!)

Carl,

You lucky so-and-so's I'm not jealous that you are going to both, but then I'm a lying little sod.

Just make sure all the grass and hedges are cut before I arrive in July!

Hope you are well

Eric

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chris brown

All tickets are now sold so if you haven’t sent your deposit but were thinking of doing so I'm sorry but due to the dismal response from the mag or on here up to Christmas I had to reduce our order as I didn’t want to end up like last year when we ran at a loss

I have now ordered an extra 10 tickets so if you want to go but havent yet booked please contact me ASAP

Guest chris brown
did you get the info??

Paul

Sorry Paul I answered Darren directly and yes he is joining us

Darren are you joining the BIG convoy down on the 6th and stopping over with us at Rouen? Or are you doing your own thing?

Also guys I have booked a twin room at the B&B Hotel for the 12th so there will be a spare bed if anyone wants one.

Guest The Modfather
Sorry Paul I answered Darren directly and yes he is joining us

Darren are you joining the BIG convoy down on the 6th and stopping over with us at Rouen? Or are you doing your own thing?

Also guys I have booked a twin room at the B&B Hotel for the 12th so there will be a spare bed if anyone wants one.

I am looking to convoy with you if that's ok with everyone? Cheque sent to you :D

Darren

Sorry Chris, but you have understated how BIG the convoy really is.

If everybody who has contacted me has got a ticket, we will have seventeen cars going over on the ferry on Tuesday, with another two joining us for the run down to Le Mans on Thursday morning :D .

Anybody with a CB it might be worth making sure its in and working B)

Darren, you're on the list, Alan has been keeping me up to date about you.