Ooh Aah It Aint Half Hot Mum

miikae

80F 26C in the shade here with a light breeze too, just did a wee bit on the car and had to come in as i am melting and sticky tape has gone very unnecessary on me .

Its a lot cooler inside only 77F

Mike

29 here in sheffield, i've been melting all day! No air con at work and windows like a greenhouse mean temperature go into the 30s.. add on a lab coat.... knackering!!!

its been reasonably hot here too, by the time I'd cut the lawns front and back, then weeded all the flower beds I must admit I had a bit of a sweat on.

Funny isn't it, we save up all year to go abroad and lie by the pool or on the beach, in 30 degree plus heat, but as soon as it gets hot at home we all start huffing and puffing about how hot it is :D

Don't worry the rain will be along soon to put things back to normal!

Guest salty_monk

Isn't that sort of temperature normal? I get that about 60-70% of the year round.... :D

English are famous for moaning about rain, cold or heat it seems :lol: :lol:

English are famous for moaning about rain, cold or heat it seems :lol: :lol:

i'd agree the temp here at the minute would be lovely if i wasnt dragging my ar*e in and out of meetings or sitting in a sticky office, but was sitting by a pool with a cold beer in my hand.

Guest alan rowe

32°c on the A14 yesterday at about 5.30pm when I was on my way home and was still about 22°c at 11.00pm last night

Just come back from Sharm el Shiekh -- 40°c every day but with a pool and pool bar to help

Alan

think i have lost a few pounds been on a roof all this week in temps from 26 to 32 and tiles to hot to touch all you luky gits in offices or the shade.Still I now have a great tan

Guest chris brown
yea but your old and getting older ?

graham

Yes but that has its advantages Graham. I can take the hood out when I like and that’s great in this weather, or just sit in the sun or shade and have another beer and still collect my pension at the end of the month. So you see age does have its privileges.