Emissions Still To High

Andy Cook

Hi all,

Still having problems with my emissions. (Redtop on 45s). Got it booked in for another session on the machine. As I understand it, making the carbs run leaner should help.

Is there anything else I could try? Perhaps ignition timing? (Currently 16 degrees at idle)

There is also a vacuum take off on the dizzy which I haven’t connected up.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, as this is the last hurdle before passing SVA.

Andy

Guest Mike-16
Hi all,

Still having problems with my emissions. (Redtop on 45s). Got it booked in for another session on the machine. As I understand it, making the carbs run leaner should help.

Is there anything else I could try? Perhaps ignition timing? (Currently 16 degrees at idle)

There is also a vacuum take off on the dizzy which I haven’t connected up.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, as this is the last hurdle before passing SVA.

Andy

Check on here from someone who knows, but depending on the reg of the doner, emissions is visual only, I have a red top, and when I bought it the previous owner told me of leaning it off, just to pass the MOT, and then re adjusting later, at my testing station, he passes it with a visual check only, am I lucky or is this usual? I don't know, but I,m sure someone in the club will.

Mike :rolleyes:

Your problem is, if your car went through SVA, then the emissions that it has to conform to, will come up on the MOT data sheet that the garage prints off prior to starting your MOT. This is the main test criteria for testing your car, it has to pass just the same that it did at SVA.

I'm not sure about where the emissions fell into on SVA, but a full explaination about emissions and the MOT, is on our website.

Oh, and mine would never pass emissions, but it passes a visual test OK.