Rear Wheel Arches

Guest Mike-16

Guest Mike-16

Hi Chaps

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to get the GRP arches off the stainless please, I need to extend them slightly after fitting wider wheels & tyres, they appear to be bonded, with what I havn't got a clue, if they won't come off without knackering them, would GBS have new GRP ones to replace them.

Any help will be most appreciated, thanks in advance. Mike :rolleyes:

Guest peter2b2002

when I fitted my GRP to the stainless ,there is 1 rivet / self tapper at the back bottom edge then the rear light assembly O/S fixing screw goes through the SS & GRP then at the front the stone guard pop rivets also go through both the S/S & GRP then the gap tween the GRP & S/S on the inside is filled with silkaflex gunge, all done as Tricky said on the vidios

peter2b

Mike,

If you need the fibreglass edges for the rear wheelarches I've got 2 surplus to requirements - I've gone with one piece superspecs ones on mine (£125 a pair from GBS).

They're blue and yours if you want them.

Rich.

hi rich

as peter says its not a big job to seperate the f/glass from the metal remove the stone guard remove the rear light cluster and remove the self tappers or rivets from each end of the wing . might need a stanlyblade to cut through the sicaflex or whatever has been used .as said there are f/glass wings avaliable or if you need them wider you could use the metal as a template and just expand some larger metal to suit , then refit the wingletts .

graham

Guest Mike-16
Mike,

If you need the fibreglass edges for the rear wheelarches I've got 2 surplus to requirements - I've gone with one piece superspecs ones on mine (£125 a pair from GBS).

They're blue and yours if you want them.

Rich.

Thanks Rich, I think it is a job I'll do in the winter, want to get out driving at the moment, but I would like to have yours as spares in case something goes wrong with mine, how much do you want for them please.

Mike :rolleyes:

Mike,

they're free, just collect from Tamworth if you're passing anytime or I could see if I could get them taken to one of the shows (I don't get to do shows because I live in Wales at the weekend). Could possibly be posted out but perhaps not the best option due to the size and shape. Just let me know what you want to do and we'll sort something out.

Rich.

Guest phil howard
has anybody a pic of the rear arch extensions please no mention on the GBSC site. i need to cover 20mm

thanks

woolly

ring them they're really helpful people.

Guest Mike-16
Mike,

they're free, just collect from Tamworth if you're passing anytime or I could see if I could get them taken to one of the shows (I don't get to do shows because I live in Wales at the weekend). Could possibly be posted out but perhaps not the best option due to the size and shape. Just let me know what you want to do and we'll sort something out.

Rich.

Hi Rich

I won't be at Tamworth, and I'm not sure what shows i can attend (pressure of Work) but am keen to have them, so if you could post them to me I will gladly send a cheque to pay postage, if you are in agreement, PM me and we can swap address details.

Mike :rolleyes:

Guest Ian & Carole

Rich / Mike

Rich if you can get them to some one local to you, who is going to Stafford show in Sept. I will bring them back to Lincoln.

Then Mike you could collect fom my place or we could meet half way if thats any good.

Just let me know if of any use.