Sick As A Parrot

Guest Jan

Well I was booked up on the channel tunnel for Saturday Morning to drive down to Spain for our two weeks away in the sun and then Yesterday morning I was on a job 130 miles away and 8ft up a ladder when it collapsed with me at the top. I came down like a sack of ***t and then came a few words that I cant put on here. I thought it was going to be a sprain but when I got back last night the local A&E said it was a broken ankle, Great !! I thought. Have to wait till Monday for the proper plaster and the rest of the summer not being able to drive the Hood. So by my reckoning this means the next six weeks will probably be Hot & Sunny every weekend. Cant even put a bit of polish on the car cos I will fall over. Right fed up. :cray: :( :( :( :(

Sorry to hear about that. Bad luck or what?

Dont know what I would be annoyed at most, breaking the ankle or A+E not being able to plaster it until Monday... Hmm! maybe both.

Depending on the severity of the break and your self repair system, you could be driving in half that time. Getting in and out of the car may be somewhat slower though.

Was it left or right?

Guest gavinc

sounds a bit dodgey to me jan..

was it the wrong type of ladder?

will we be seeing you on one of those tv adverts soon...

"jan from canvey got £8,000 compensation......."

seriously thou sorry to hear about your bad luck...

sure you will find a way to have a tinker with your car while off.

Sorry to hear about that. Bad luck or what?

Dont know what I would be annoyed at most, breaking the ankle or A+E not being able to plaster it until Monday... Hmm! maybe both.

Depending on the severity of the break and your self repair system, you could be driving in half that time. Getting in and out of the car may be somewhat slower though.

Was it left or right?

Thanks Andy, It was my left foot and the tin top is an Auto so I can drive that one at least but no way will I be able to get the clutch down on the SS <_<

All I can say is dont trust those ladders that slide down inside each other.

All the best

Jan

sounds a bit dodgey to me jan..

was it the wrong type of ladder?

will we be seeing you on one of those tv adverts soon...

"jan from canvey got £8,000 compensation......."

seriously thou sorry to hear about your bad luck...

sure you will find a way to have a tinker with your car while off.

Cheers mate, wont make this months meet as with luck I should be in Spain by then but I reckon Sand, Sea and whatever the other "S" is will be out of the question.

I cant believe my luck though, 2 days before my holiday and most of the summer wasted now (well for me anyway)

Cant even get in the garage to clean the car, well I could but wont get out again.

see you all soon, and thanks for the good wishes. :rolleyes:

This just gets better and better, came in to get a permenent plaster and hospital says i might be able to just have a boot then im told i have to stay in for a ct scan and may have to opperate , just great :(

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Jan but there is a silver lining.

If you're in plaster then it's bound to be Sunny as you say, and I'm not too far away from Essex so will benefit :D

Thanks for "Taking one" for the team :D

ps. Hope you get some sunshine driving soon.

Thanks for all the good wishes guys, I am in Spain at the moment Lots of SUN but foot hurts like hell.

I did do some of the driving but the wife took over and did most of it with me sitting in the back with foot up on the centre arm rest.

Cheers for now

Jan

• 3 months later...

Well !! Just got back from the Hospital and the Boot has to come off and the crutches have got to go, except it hurts like hell to walk without them.

Will have to get in the 7 later to see if I can get the clutch down lol.

Look out Essex I might be back on the Road Soon :rolleyes: <_<

Isnt it surprising how 16 weeks just flys past when your having fun <_<