Barkston Heath......... The Day

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

Hopefully all you Barkston peeps got home ok.

A little overheating, some dodgy fueling and two slightly bent bits of bodywork. :mellow:

For once the 'Bristol Massive' had a real challenge the Black Warner R4 was certtainly a surprise package. :p

I obviously organised a dry day and the previous 24 hours torrential downpour was just a wind up. :D

Good to see El Presidente make an appearance nd as a good 'Hoody' was seen in the paddock trying to scrounge gaffer tape. :yahoo:

Red Flags???!!! they are the red bits of cloth held on sticks and waved by marshals. :acute:

Another good day with lots of smiles and thanks to all the crew at Barkston for running the day leaving me with little to do.

Guest charliems7

thank's for organising a great day for us.

could'nt improve on last years time's.

had a dodgy gear stick,which left me in 5th

for the last 30 odd miles home!

Guest mikebloomfield

many thanks to John & everyone at Barkston for organising a great day out.

plenty of sideways action but only one visit to the grass! managed a sub 1 minute lap for the first time :D

hope to see you all next time.

Guest charlie

Thanks for a great day John. although my last lap left me driving back to Southampton in a

Gaffa tape special, after some some hasty repairs curtesy of the many helping hands in true

Hoody style we unfortunatly only made it to the A 43 south of Northampton when the fuel pump

decided to deliver only spasmodic doses of fuel so despite all our efforts we had to resort to

the AA arriving home at 12.30 am. so its a new electric pump and a few body bits, providing

closer inspection of the front end doesn`t show up anything to horrendous!

any tips on fuel pumps?

Thanks again to every one for their help, if you can make the Southern hoods events

any time i owe you a pint!

Charlie,

PS pencil me in for next year John.

Guest Tim Norman

Needed the gaffer tape for my hood scoop which is falling apart! Looked to be a fantastic day but the car of the day for me was the Warner. That car is is awesome. He even built his own tube benders to make it. Sounded fantastic as well.

Bobson behaved for once with the only ossue being the diff noise which lets the whole car down. I am getting their with the handling but I think he would be better on a bigger track.

Who knows, maybe next year.

Great day out well pleased with getting my bike carb pinto 2b in the 58's, 3secs better than last year ! 10hp per second (30hp up on last year) thought my brother did well also never have'n driven the car before and got under 1m1sec

going to make a new exhaust and start on some other track days

Dan

Guest robin

i couldn't agree more to all the previous posts. fantastic day out and didn't rain this year. just a shame the track closed at 3.30 or i'd still be there now!

i managed to show my brother-in-law how to drive his supra properly knocking 7 secs off his first time!

need a few more of these per year though and maybe a second venue? Rockingham in-field perhaps??!!

cheers

robin

Guest Dan_Beeston

Top day out! (and apologies for annoying the safety officers by not spotting those elusive red flags :blush: )

Shame my Hood was out of action but I was pleasantly surprised at being able to turn in 55sec laps with a passenger on board in my VX220 :yahoo: , especially as it's ~350kg heavier than some of the stuff it was lapping in similar times to!

Many thanks to everyone for organising it!