Robin Hood 2b With Sva- £2949 Ono Must Go

Guest elliot tanner

Guest elliot tanner

This is up on ebay as some might have noticed. Unfortuantly it has to go so offers around £2949. Remember this a completed car with SVA so would be an ideal first car for people who dont want the hassle and expense of the IVA.

Descroption from ebay:

2004 Robin Hood 2B.

SVA’d in 2004 by previous owner who then did less than 200 miles with it so it sat garaged from 2005 until Feb 2009 when I bought it. I stripped the car down to pretty much the bare chassis as the previous owner had done a poor job of the paint finish and it needed some other bits finishing. Thus it was rebuilt and passed MOT in I think may. I have done maybe 400 miles and that is it.

The car is correctly registered as a silver and black Robin Hood Kit on the V5 with an E registration mark.

Comes with 10 months MOT and taxed until the end of September, just enough for the summer!

Although I didn’t build the car originally, the first owner explained a lot about the build with lots of receipts. It took him 5 years and judging by the build, a lot spent on it. Here is the original information I had for it with some extra bits that I’ve added on:

Engine and transmission

2100 cc Ford Pinto (bored out from 2L)

Kent FR34 cam

Kent Vernier pulley

Large valves and gas flowed by Power Zone (Mini-Sport's non Mini arm)

Weber 32/36 carb

Recon 5 speed gearbox

Shortened sump

Sierra prop and drive train

Engine was built and fitted to a sierra before going into the Robin and used as a run about briefly

4 to 2 manifold into RH exhaust (makes an amazing sound)

I haven’t done anything with the engine other than cleaning out the carb jets and getting the carb setup by the local garage. All information supplied by the previous owner but I took the rocker cover off last week to change to gasket and by the looks of it the cam is pretty much brand new.

Brakes

Brake pads and shoes were new when the car was built, still look new

Most seals replaced

Suspension

Standard RH front suspension

Independent sierra rear suspension

New springs and shocks at the rear when built

Electrics

Autosparks wiring loom

Smiths Telemetixs gauges

Brand new battery

Headlights are a bit corroded on the outside but work fine obviously. Would be nice to replace them, can get them off ebay for about £30 a pair.

Body

Silver and black paint scheme done with 2 pac paint and primer by a professional local sprayer. Baked in a kilm and painted on the inside as well. Cost £500 with me doing the labour of the sanding.

Paint is in very good condition

Interior

Aluminium dash board

3 point racing harnesses

Corbeau Recliner seats (drivers on sliders)

Mountey GT steering wheel

Cigarette lighter for your sat nav!

Other

Robin Hood branded alloy wheels with good tyres

Brand new windscreen wipers and washer system fitted for MOT

Full set of wet weather gear, fitted but never ever used (over £350 worth with receipt)

Set of steel wheels with 5 brand new tyres

Every nut and bolt I replaced was with brand new stainless ones

I have a large piece of alloy sheet which I was going to make into a boot cover but never got around to.

Problems

The car has a couple of niggles that I just haven’t got around to fixing yet but I feel the buyer should know. Nothing serious but would only take a weekend to sort out.

Speedo doesn’t register properly but has power to it, I think I unplugged something when rebuilding it has worked previously as has miles on it

Front grill hasn’t been finished but does have one

Engine needs to be warmed up properly before driving otherwise runs slightly jumpy under load. This I think is due to the build and performance of the engine and running a relatively small carb. As I say once warmed up runs perfect.

Small oil leak from what I think is the cam oil seal. I originally thought it was the rocker cover gasket so I replaced it but it wasn’t the cause of the problem. So it looks like the cam seal which should be an easy job according to the garage. It doesn’t leak enough oil to notice on the dip stick but you can see a couple of drops on the floor in garage once it’s been sat for a while after running.

If I get a chance I will try my best to fix these things but I am strapped for time over the summer with other commitments (hence the sale).

This car has been ALOT of fun over the summer so far but I just haven’t found enough time to use it, plus I enjoyed building it so will be looking for a new winter project! The car is very fast, the pinto should push out 140 BHP due to upgrades (could be more with a bigger carb). It makes a lot of noise, gives a very good burst of acceleration and turns a lot of heads.

I have never done more than about 30 miles in one go so I suggest that it is trailored away unless you live within a 50 mile radius. I also suggest that you view the car before bidding as although I have described it to the best of my knowledge it is worth seeing so you can make your mind up. No test drives unless I have the money in my hand, I don’t mind taking people out for a spin as long as it’s not raining.

Insurance is horrendously cheap. Costs me £200 a year with zero no claims. Car has been kept in a warm garage for the winter. If you’re looking for a kit car then that needs a couple of niggles sorting out but don’t want to go through the expense and hassles of new IVA test then this is the one for you.

The price is less than most of similar specs due to the little things to finish. It is MOT’d, taxed and ready to go for some summer fun! Any questions please call me on 07886180375.

£2949.99 ono.

post-2954-1248626807_thumb.jpg

post-2954-1248626815_thumb.jpg