Gbs Pinto Bike Carb Conversion

Guest mastarforth

Guest mastarforth

HI

After selling my Robin hood last week, I have for sale various parts that I have found around the garage

1. GBS bike carb conversion for pinto, bought about 6-8 weeks ago from GBS, pics avaialbe if you wish. - £275 + postage

2. Mechanical Fuel pump (pinto) bought form Burton power for £19.95 - £10 + postage

3. 2.0 Pinto gasket set (complete gasket set) - £5.00 + postage - Gaskets now sold

More items to be added later

Any questions then give me a shout.

HI

After selling my Robin hood last week, I have for sale various parts that I have found around the garage

1. GBS bike carb conversion for pinto, bought about 6-8 weeks ago from GBS, pics avaialbe if you wish. - £275 + postage

2. Mechanical Fuel pump (pinto) bought form Burton power for £19.95 - £10 + postage

3. 2.0 Pinto gasket set (complete gasket set) - £5.00 + postage

More items to be added later

Any questions then give me a shout.

2nd Dibs on the gaskets.

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

Hi, is it an easy ish job converting to bike carbs ? i am running a 2ltr pinto and wouldnt mind having a go at fitting them to mine. also is the manifold with the carbs? cheers Dave

Guest SWANAGE DAVE

Thanks Dan, not being too mechanically minded and living in the back of dorset with not too many descent garages about what kind of bits and bobs do you mean? cheers Dave

The GBS conversion should include all you need.

i.e carbs attached to the manifold, silicon hose joiners, jubilee clips, gasket, filter backing plate, throttle cable and even the manifold bolts.

Its a common problem for the main jets to be drilled out too much ie 1.8mm, but sometimes (for reasons unbeknown to me this is ok on some pintos)

Otherwise smaller jets would be required, anything from 1.3 to 1.65 are popular. Flea bay supply them or you can solder and re-drill.

The other thing you would need is a fuel pump regulator like filter king that gives out 2-3 psi, but if you get a second hand bike one, that would be cheapest. Just make sure its for carbs.

Andi

Thanks Dan, not being too mechanically minded and living in the back of dorset with not too many descent garages about what kind of bits and bobs do you mean? cheers Dave

To get the best out of it you will need a new dizzy or mod your own the advance needs to be 12deg at 1000rpm to 34deg at 5000rpm i used a bestek set up for this complete ignition system only requires +feed to coil and a grd to chassis £180 on ebay also you may want to consider that there is nowhere for the crankcase to vent other than atmosphere so i used a catch tank and vented that to the back of the car i hate the smell of oil !

also silly things like how you are connecting the throttle cable to the existing pedal etc

an extra 6bhp was gained by the use of a vernier cam pulley, the car will also run hotter as a result of the power increase i had to improve my cooling by putting more vents into the engine bay etc

a bit of effort and time required but well worth it

I dropped lucky with a dyno but the car is much better now having done all this all in cost me the the wrong end of £600 (160 of that was the dyno) and i already had the carbs

good luck

Dan

Guest mastarforth

hi dave

sorry I had not replied earlier, I thought I already had.

Anyway yes teh carbs are fitted to theamnifold with silicon hose as has been suggested, it also comes wtiht the throttle cable and and adjuster bar, I ahve some pontos if you would like them sent.

• 1 year later...
Guest dan8495

Hi i am in the middle of fitting some bike carbs to car but not sure how is best to attach the throttle cable to my peddle? the spring on the carbs does not seem strong enough to pull the peddle back to the idle position??? I must be doing something wrong but not sure what please HELP! the throttle cable i have is the one great british sports cars gave me with the set up.

Guest mastarforth

Hi dan

Unfortunately I never fitted them, I got rid of my hood and bought a new kit car instead

I am sure someone more knowledable than me will come along with some advice