Gbs Pinto Bike Carb Conversion

Guest mastarforth

Guest charliems7

post-1823-0-31806600-1299495932_thumb.jpghi dan when the carb's(kwak)

are on the bike they have 2 cables,think it's a push,pull system.

i used another short unsheathed cable 4" or so long looped it used a screw in wire connector

to hold the loop then put a spring on the loop and connected to the carb's. (pic above)

i bought a bike fuel pump s/hand (think from a R1)£15 from e-bay,so no need for a fuel regulator.

and modified my distributor as per nw web site,although other's have removed the spring through

the inspection slot and not disassembled the dizzy,mine is now All in at 3650rpm.

not been on a dyno yet(no funds)(checked the plug colour)but run's fine pulls well and will tick over at 700rpm,

cost under £300 all in easy.

Charlie.

Hi i am in the middle of fitting some bike carbs to car but not sure how is best to attach the throttle cable to my peddle? the spring on the carbs does not seem strong enough to pull the peddle back to the idle position??? I must be doing something wrong but not sure what please HELP! the throttle cable i have is the one great british sports cars gave me with the set up.

My carbs (fireblade) pull the pedal back fine with no external assistance so might be your carbs? or the pedal is stiff ?

Guest woolly

post-1823-0-31806600-1299495932_thumb.jpghi dan when the carb's(kwak)

are on the bike they have 2 cables,think it's a push,pull system.

i used another short unsheathed cable 4" or so long looped it used a screw in wire connector

to hold the loop then put a spring on the loop and connected to the carb's. (pic above)

i bought a bike fuel pump s/hand (think from a R1)£15 from e-bay,so no need for a fuel regulator.

and modified my distributor as per nw web site,although other's have removed the spring through

the inspection slot and not disassembled the dizzy,mine is now All in at 3650rpm.

not been on a dyno yet(no funds)(checked the plug colour)but run's fine pulls well and will tick over at 700rpm,

cost under £300 all in easy.

Charlie.

i think thats fine 2 is better than one, although mine shut ok just thought a bit stronger would not hert.

I added an extra return spring to the carbs and one on the pedal.

Also used a spring on the choke slide.

If you ate going to the trouble of fitting bike carbs do yourself a favour and fit Megajolt, no matter what you do with a dizzy it will never be as good as a Megajolt, easy starting, a good smooth idle and infinitely variable.

You can gather that I like megajolt.

Guest dan8495

Cool thanks guys!! i will look into your ideas.not sure if the carbs just need setting up right as i have now fitted them and she idles well but if i blat the throttle it takes a while to come back to idle.im glad i have gone down this route already!! i did have 38dgas but these bike carbs sound good and she f**king flies!

Thanks again.

dan

am intending doing the same conversion. mine is currently an injection model. where on the NW site will i find the Dizzy info as cant seem to find it.

phil

might be better to use a bestek set up currently £200ish you get a new dizzy and control box all thats needed to get it working is + feed and chassis ground very very simple but does the job! it goes 12deg at tick over to 34deg full advanced which is whats needed on the bike carb conversion..