Iva Mirrors

Guest IJW

Guest LukieZ

its the same as SVA as regards the mirrors (and most other things) so the RH/GBS supplied mirrors should be fine - some aftermarket mirrors fail due to the field of vision not being very good (e.g. small, non-concave ones).

as for mounting it on the scuttle i do not know, but assume for those who don't have a windscreen it must be ok providing you can see clearly behind. oh and some examiners might not like suction ones as its considered not permanent

good luck on the test, hope it goes well - passed in june, plus did ask about mirrors as wanted to fit other ones to mount on the windscreen pillars, had to stick with RH ones on the scuttle sides

i dont knoe if i am reading manual correct but it says

an interior mirror must be fitted unless mirror does not provide any rearward vision

along with it saying a nearside and offside mirror must be fitted

Ian

Guest Noddy006
i dont knoe if i am reading manual correct but it says

an interior mirror must be fitted unless mirror does not provide any rearward vision

along with it saying a nearside and offside mirror must be fitted

Ian

Hi Failed IVA 2 weeks ago at Leighton Buzzard a central mirror was required according to the tester. (No screen or deflector fitted at the moment) I had already fitted the central one to the top of the Dash Panel so it sticks up above the top edge by about 9 cms - was O.K. The side mirrors were not - had flat glass and I had fitted them to the bulkhead about 30cms from the dash. The distance from the driver restricted the field of view too much. I am fitting different ones with curved glass and near the dash.

Hope this helps Ian H

Edited by Ian H

Guest dremmel1

I tested with no screen and did infact put a centre mirror on and the tester said it was useless, but was not required as the points required to be seen could be seen with the side mirrors. As we know test centres vary a little, belt and braces just to be on safe side maybe............Alan