Temperature Sender 2.0 Pinto,where Is It!

Guest info@trackdayUK

Guest info@trackdayUK

Hi,my temp gauge is reading red hot even though the car has been sat there 2 days so its not possible.

It goes straight to hot as soon as i turn the ignition on with no engine running!!!

Now i dont know whereabouts it is located but there was some smoke coming out from under the dashboard the other day so assume the sensor has shorted .

All wires all over rest of car are not burnt.

Cheers

Liam

Guest RichardO

If I remember correctly the temp sender is above the dizzy.

If you had smoke from the dashboard I would be more tempted to check the wiring behind the dash for shorts. I had something similar last year (very nearly ended up with the car on fire) and ended up rewiring the whole car (the wiring was a mess though).

Rich...

My temp guage isnt working at all and after reading this checked and found that my sender isn't connected to anything.

There are a few single wires with what appear to be manufacturer female connectors nearby but they are all taped to the loom.

What colour wire should be connected? (mines a 2ltr pinto)

All depends what loom you have , if its a sierra one the early models its blue/black tracer, later models its brown/white tracer as per my circuit diagram info if i have read it right.

Mike

• 14 years later...