Donor Parts

Guest beaker

Guest beaker

Hi...im thinking of building a Superspec, but my financial controler - also known as my girlfriend.......will not allow the drive way to turn into a breakers yard.

So want id like to know is if i buy major units ie gearbox/engine from say a salavge yard, how do i stand with the SVA test. As dont they require details of the vehicles that donated parts to the kit....like chassis and reg numbers from a donor?

I don't think it matters for IVA whaat parts are used, as long as it is built to the standard.

Problems will come if you want an age related plate and not a Q plate because to get an age related you need to use so many parts from one car.

Send her on holiday for a week, get a donor and you mates round, strip it, get rid of the shell, before she gets back :D

Steve

Guest beaker

cheers for the replies....i understand now.....oh and im starting up a kit car building charity, its in aid of sending me girlfriend away for a week....(just hope shes not a good computer hacker - if she is - darling its only a joke honest..love you lots :wub:) ....all donations welcome.....!

Guest smartfazer
RHS / Kitparts direct may be able to sell you all the bits you need. Ask them about the identity issue.

Yes i understand that they do donor packs

• 2 weeks later...
Guest trevbeadle

Am I right in thinking if I build a Superspec, with a new engine, gearbox and propshaft, utilising the 'all new parts' from the Superspec kit, the car will be registered as a 'New-build? ie, not 'Q' or age related????

Am I right in thinking if I build a Superspec, with a new engine, gearbox and propshaft, utilising the 'all new parts' from the Superspec kit, the car will be registered as a 'New-build? ie, not 'Q' or age related????

Should be but i'd check with the DVLA what bits they need as you are allowed certain things to be reconditioned and not necessarily brand new. Again keep all reciepts in a very safe place. Take lots of photos of you building as well as they now seem to want proof you built it if it is an amateur build, from what ive seen on here. New builds are obviously good as they have a spanky new plate but they will be tested as a new car in terms of emissions so make sure you are happy with that if you go for a new one (not just iva but MOT's as well). I could put any engine in my H-reg 2b now without a cat (even if the engine is brand new) and it would be tested as a h-reg, would just have to tell the dvla i changed the engine.

HTH

Can confirm if of the three major components .. Engine Gearbox Diff you can prove two new plus one fully refurbished to as new condition the build up points on the DVLA form will enable the issue of a new plate proving of course you can receipt all other parts (i.e major components as new)

Tony