Indicator Repeaters For Iva

Guest jwts

There still seems to be some inconsistency between test centres over this, in the SVA section below Gaz0571 has posted a thread from a source saying that the only accepted position is on the moving cycle wings, and now centres are failing cars for exactly this.

I would suggest that before you go drilling holes or buying lights that you go to the test centre you are going to use and get a definite answer from the examiner there as to what is acceptable, this will save a load of hassle later.

sorry steve but they tend not to give an opinion , you would have to enter for a test and poss take a fail to get the answer .

my reading of the info is on the external side of the cycle wing this being the extremety .

graham

If putting the repeaters on the moving mudguard may cause a problem i think i might stick one either side of the anti roll bar.

IJW,

The repeaters can't be more than 2.6 metres from the front of the car. On my superspec that would be about 30 cm in front of the roll bar.

John (jwts).

yes thats right steve i was told they should be on outer edge of front mudguard by richard from gbs...............

Yep, I was there at the time too. Found it a bit questionable myself as the mudguard turns with the wheel which would mean that if the wheel was on full lock one way or the other, the repeater wouldn't be visible from the rear between the 5 degree and 60 degree outboard angles.

The Zero on the stand at the show had the lamp in the outboard vertical surface of the mudguards, maybe on the top of the mudguard at the outboard edge would be better as it would still (possibly) be visible as the wheel turned but would need to have enough protrusion for the light to be visible - which would probably make it look cr@p.

The only possible place that would seem to meet the wording of the regulation would be somewhere fixed that's spaced out from the side panel so the the lamp is within 400mm of the side, like something on an ugly stalk or fitting into the side mirrors.

Thanks for pointing that one out john hadn,t measured that thinking cap back on i think it might be an extender where headlamp is bolted over top of front mudguard and stuck onto that it says on that iva manual by standing rearwards not behind the car suppose it can be read many different ways.

Ian

Not sure if anyone has had a look at the cateringvan website, but they are putting the repeaters towards the front on the outside corner of the wings.

There seems to be a few that have got through IVA with them in this position, so I would think this would be the best position.

Not sure on the actual repeaters they are using though, looks like they got them from a box of cereal!! :D

Cheers,

Dan

Guest Noddy006

Hi

For info got through IVA a few weeks ago and had to move repeaters from side of bonnet to top of front wing to satisfy the examiner at Leighton Buzzard. To get clearance between wing and tyre had to change so got LEDS from CBS. Drilled small hole top of wing , fed wire in edge cover and along wing brackets and brake pipes, stuck light on top of wing with double tape supplied. Passed as O.K. Examiner did say could possibly put them in the side of the rear wing near the front (has to be within 2.7 mts from front of car) but thought better in top of cycle wings. Hope this helps.

Ian H

I have just had a look at the cateringvan website and those repeaters look very much like the ones Lotus supplied as an extra for there S4 7s in 1971, i have still got that pair as i never got around to fitting them.(i forgot to fit them) They where ment to be fitted to the sides of the front wings even then, albeit they were clam shell type wings not cycle wings, so i suppose the theory to position still applies as far as the IVA is concerned now ,

Mike