National Rhocar Camping Long Weekend

Guest mickmellors

Guest mickmellors

I would like to get a feel for the take up on a National Club Camping weekend from Thursday to Monday one weekend during the school summer holidays so that families can attend too. I tried to get this going last year but unfortunately I left it much to late to organise properly and had to abandon it, hence the early start this year so that we can make a great success of it this time around.

A central location was suggested for the first running of this event in order to give as many members as possible a reasonable travelling distance.

The best suggestion for a venue was Billing Aquadrome near Northampton. They have all manner of events which are available for us to look around. At this stage I dont have an events list/diary but I would try to book to co-incide with something at least of general interest rather than the national gathering of bow tie wearers. There is a bar, snack bar restaurant, entertainment, funfair, shop, showers etc etc etc and acres and acres of grass and plenty to amuse the kids.

In order to have the best chance of a huge turn out like we now get at show weekends, this event will not clash with either Curborough (31st July) or North Yorkshire moors run weekends (7/8th Aug).

STOP PRESS 18th APRIL - DATES CONFIRMED _ THURS 22nd TO SUN 26th JULY - plus additional days if required - SEE EVENTS SECTION FOR MORE DETAILS

Runs out for lunch, sightseeing, treasure hunt etc will be the order of the day and BBQ and good company will be the order of the evenings !!!

I have not yet had a response from Billing Aquadrome so cannot offer prices etc yet but assuming the 4 nights to be around £50 per tent - who is up for it !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a laff. Me & Mrs me + can think of another couple of members who don't use the forum but would more than likely come too.

I don't have anywhere near a complete car. Perhaps I'll just bring the steering wheel on the coloumn, stick it in the mud and rope off an area the size of a 2B!

Guest mickmellors

Thanks for the replies so far - keep 'em coming.

I will be trying Billing's booking line again after typing this.

It would help me enormously if we can keep this thread on the straight and narrow subject. Come on you can resist the temptation ! ! !

Cheers all - Mick M

Guest jetskijase

;) Count me in no probs. Billing aquadome is a great site, best bit is the manmade lake that they hold time trials on jetski's :p :p .

This was my pastime b4 purchasing my 2b., 130hp seadoo rx musclecraft :wub: 70 mph on lake windermere :wub: :wub:

Might be a good laugh, from time trials at curborough to trials on the water :p

not 100% sure whether they hire them.

jase :p