Cable Tie Bases

Guest mcramsay

Guest mcramsay

ive bought some cable tie bases which i plan to rivet to the chassis and then cable tie the main wiring loom to (ie along the transmission tunnel) rather than cable tie it to brake lines or use p clips. Is this method acceptable for IVA? i know self adhesive bases arnt but are rivet/self tapper held on bases ok?

Mine failed on all self adhesive fixings that were prone to weather (i.e. all but 1 or 2!!)

I just either araldited them on or used rivets, and it flew through.

Just as an extra thought.... I seem to remember if running fuel and electrics in same area, fix electrics above fuel. You don't want any risk of fuel spillage over wiring.

Nick

Guest mcramsay
Mine failed on all self adhesive fixings that were prone to weather (i.e. all but 1 or 2!!)

I just either araldited them on or used rivets, and it flew through.

Just as an extra thought.... I seem to remember if running fuel and electrics in same area, fix electrics above fuel. You don't want any risk of fuel spillage over wiring.

Nick

I'm riviting all mine to be on the safeside, and I'm keeping fuel and loom very seperate! Opposite sides of the tunnel seperate!