How Fast Is Your Hood

Guest agi

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chrispine
whats special about Plymouth all of a sudden :mellow:

I'm happily divorced, she got the house and all the money, I got the Hood, think I got the better deal, my kids live in Plymouth, I go down about every 3 weeks, moved to Merthyr Tydfil due to cheap houses (compared to westcountry) and job, nice to take the Hood if the weathers ok and the roads up here are perfect for this type of car. B) :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mower man

HI there seems to be a big variation in mph claims Ican believe sat nav figures but wonder about some of the others,Ihave the opposite problem because I'm running a 3.38 diff Ifind it's overgeared so will be fitting a 3.6 over the winter, hopefully it will give 5 usable gears, @present Iget 1st 30 2nd 55 3rd 85 4th 95 5th 85ish good for fuel econ but less than ideal for fun! comments eagerly awaited regards mower man

Why would the bike men want a tall diff?

They live on revs, dont they?

Surely its the V8 brigade that would want one of these.

Different gearbox ratios / smaller wheels?

i run a 3.3 diff it was in the tub when purchaced , i think it was suposed to have a bike engine .

as i am unable to change the ratio because of the construction of the car i have changed the way i run the car .

out has gone the 1700 burton xflow and in has come the focus st170 it has a steel bottom end and steel rods as standard

it will rev till it drops . the gear box is type9 and has had a long first convertion fitted it is very quick . but is also very easy to drive under 2500 rpm in traffic as i have had it mapped to effect the vvt at 2600rpm so you can trundle through traffic slowley and then give it loads when clear .

so what does it do , i ant sure as the speado keeps giving up .

but i do know its loads of fun .aceleration is awsome but top speeds are tiring becaquse of the high engine revs . also at high speeds the mpg is very poor .

graham