Retractable Harnesses

ibrooks

Anyone know where I can get hold of a set of these in the UK?

http://www.corbeau.com/products/harness_be..._harness_belts/

I've spoken to Corbeau in this country and they simply told me that they don't manufacture them - despite some fairly compelling evidence in that link that says otherwise.

Iain

I've fitted 3 point inertia reel belts to our 2B+; if that's what you're after I'll look up the details & post them to-morrow.

Much apreciated - thanks dude.

Techmage - that's an American site so it's entirely possible that they aren't approved for road use over there. Fortunately it's one of the places where our regulations aren't as daft as most of the rest of the world yet. Whilst the tester will look for approval markings it's only because if he sees one he can simply count it as a "tick in the box" if they are there. If there aren't any markings he has a list of characteristics that a component must have and so long as it does meet those requirements then it will pass.

Iain

Guest Techmage
Techmage - that's an American site so it's entirely possible that they aren't approved for road use over there. Fortunately it's one of the places where our regulations aren't as daft as most of the rest of the world yet.

I'm going to write to my MEP strait away. How dare the yanks have more rules and red tape than us !

Belt info;as used on our 2B+ -- Securon Pn 264 automatic rear seat belt,3 point mounting. The auto reel can be mounted in any position,you then set the fore & aft -- up & down dials so that the reel operates correctly. I mounted the reels in the space between outer panel & inside face of chassis (we have not fitted inner panels) on a 4mm S/Steel extension bracket which in turn is bolted to chassis plate carrying Ford suspension cross-tube. The top fixing is a shaped steelplate approx 120mm x 40mm with a 7/16" unf nut welded to back; make 12mm hole in vertical of roll-over tube at correct height, slide bracket up inside roll-tube (on end of plastic pipe) & secure in place with 7/16" set-screw. I drilled & tapped right through roll-tube & belt bracket above & below seat-belt mount (5 or 6mm) loosen set-screw to open out holes for clearance,re-assemble & fit belt mount. (File a small radius for good fit to roll-tube) I used the seat back belt fixings for ends of both belts. The only thing I wish was a little better would be to have a stalk mounted clip instead of the webbing one supplied. End of story,hope that helps.

Thanks dude - part no 264 is just a conventional belt and not what I'm after but they do seem to have an equivalent of of the Corbeau one I'm after (part no 700). Problem is

NINETY SIX AND A HALF QUID EACH!!!!!!

I'll keep looking and see about getting a set of the Corbeau ones imported and see how they compare once the postage is added. Failing that I have a mate who can get these thngs made up but I suspect that isn't going to be cheap and he would only be using a normal retractor mechanism whereas I like the idea of being able to lock it manually on the Corbeau ones.

Iain