Scrapped Donor's Tax Disc?

Guest LukieZ

my 2B/4 was IVA'd and registered early this summer etc. already proved the donors parts were used and the body scrapped, receipt provided. and yet i just receive the tax disc reminder for the donor car i no longer have

anyone else had this happen? whats the best way to go about it,

says on the back not to ring them up or email <_< i'm going to the local DVLA tomorrow, might write to swansea (altho can't be trusted with information these days) - problem is i surrendered the old V5C when registering the new car

Yes, happened to me way back and is quite common. I wrote to Swansea telling them it was their mistake. They had been informed and the V5C of the donor returned as required during the registration process of the kit car at the local DVLA office. I expect the local DVLA could have sorted it but that's an 80 mile round trip. (Strange how DVLA offices always have useless parking facilities.) Keep copies of all correspondance and photocopy any documents you submit.

Nigel

This happened too me in fact I got a fine sent through as my sorn for the donor had run out, I had a few days to pay before the fine went up too a higher level, so no time to write.

I phoned on the line you are not supposed to phone on and gave them an ear bashing before they could tell me to get off the line, it worked and the lady actually appoligised for the computor not being up to date!

Dave