Stafford Show

Guest Christine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the sprit of being freindly :good: you are just round the corner from me is your car on the road if so fancy a run out some day

Dan

dan i would love to go for a drive some time but if im honest if i work hard on the car it going to be done next summer sometime ive only be building it for nearly 2months.

i m planning on going to one of those meets we do at hucknall on the first sun of each month if i remember rightly so if you got to them it will be great to meet you face to face.

Never had a problem with anyone, the committee have an hard job to please everybody. Remember they are volunteers and do a great job.

I don't now whether this as been put forward or not but as most members use this forum would it be to much for each committee member and local area sec to have their photo in place rather than their avatar then members can recognize who they are has they use the forum.

Thus knowing who they are at the shows.

The only exception would be gaz0571 he would frighten the kids. Only joking gaz :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Guest mower man

Hi I intend to make my own ident badge for next season ,simple clear carrier , photo , [bigger than passport ] name ,membership no ,name+nickname in caps ,job done! the thing is to remember to wear it!!!!!please forgive an elder ones rambling mowerman

Never had a problem with anyone, the committee have an hard job to please everybody. Remember they are volunteers and do a great job.

I don't now whether this as been put forward or not but as most members use this forum would it be to much for each committee member and local area sec to have their photo in place rather than their avatar then members can recognize who they are has they use the forum.

Thus knowing who they are at the shows.

The only exception would be gaz0571 he would frighten the kids. Only joking gaz :rolleyes: :D :D :D

Course he wouldnt,

There nowt wrong with Gaz

post-2933-1253898821_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole
if thats what gaz looked like on the sunday morning at stafford im glad i never camped out. must have been the drop of bourbon.lol. :D

jess.

I'm gona print that one off and hang it on the front door for Haloween :D :ph34r: :diablo:

dan i would love to go for a drive some time but if im honest if i work hard on the car it going to be done next summer sometime ive only be building it for nearly 2months.

i m planning on going to one of those meets we do at hucknall on the first sun of each month if i remember rightly so if you got to them it will be great to meet you face to face.

i didn,t know there was a meet @ hucknell let me know when its on. mines laid up for winter now..

Dan

i didn,t know there was a meet @ hucknell let me know when its on. mines laid up for winter now..

Dan

Dan / Maco, let me know when the meet is too please. I'm only at Heanor so local to me too. Picking my zero kit up December so hopefully be ready for the summer??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All,

As for the club??? i can't really comment yet as only just joined, but i can say, i broke the ice with 3 or 4 people in a group at the Rhocar stand at Stafford and i was deeply engaged in detailed technical speak for a good 10 mins. not a hint of negativity from anyone.............. just smiles and genuine interest in the bloke who just ordered a Zero. :lol:

Nick.

Guest Bob's Babe

The meet at Hucknall is at the Notts area meet at Rolls Royce social club, any time after 7:45pm on the first |Sunday of the month. I'll try to get Tim there this month, but with working in London, he gets up at 4am on Monday 8P

SUE :D

Guest chris brown

Hi All I have just picked up on this thread as I have been working 12 hour days for the last week or so and had to miss Stafford. I am sorry some members felt they were left out in the cold as it were but as with any large club or meeting it is hard to speak to everyone and as others have said if you ask questions about the cars then what hoodie could resist chatting.

I like Derek some 9 or 10 years ago joined the club and tried to introduce myself to the then Chairman and to ask if it was OK to park my car (a Malvern Autocraft Triad) on the club site to which the immediate answer was NO and that was it he turned his back on me and carried on chatting to his mate. Later that day I met up with Big Jim and several others who in a way convinced me to stick with the club and I’m glad I did as a couple of years later Tim and Co took over and as far as I am concerned changed RHOCaR into what I believe to be the best and most friendly kit car club there is.

BTW sorry Keith but only around a third of members use this forum

some of the posts appear to point towards being more approachable and a clearer view of who is who .

i am all for it , we post behind an avatar no one knows who is who .

would it not be easier to approach a person you have never met if you had a picture in your head of who they were and what they did in the club .

is it poss with the support of the members to add a photo of the members to the profile of the sign in ,

would this help ?

i think so as you are a face to be spoken to . this may increase the profile of comittee and other members , this in turn should make it easier for new members to approach existing members with a question or just a helo .

i like the idea of badges but feel they are just a bit naff , lets make each other aware of each other through a different means .

i have spoken to many at shows and have always had to say to confirm who i am as gdc on the website , we shouldnt have to do this and i feel that the club will benifit from us dropping the avatar from the sign in or just adding our names and a photo ..

the comittee do a fantastic job of that there is no doubt , but if you are not seen the good work you do also will not be seen .

that is to say if you are not able to be reconised by a new member then how can they say hello .

it is hard to walk into an area like the big top if you know no one , but if you have a picture in your head of who is who then it would be much easier .

just a few thoughts .

graham

and the picture of gaz ant the one , frightens me to death !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think pics are a good idea on the forum. when i have spoken to people that is usualy one of the questions who are you on the forum.

Sometimes it feels like you are on a blind date the golden rule of that is never go until you have seen a recent pic as if no pic then usually a troll :rolleyes: been there done it never again ahh !

Dan