Brass "L" Bracket Required

Guest Alasdair

Guest Alasdair

Hi Everyone,

I've been trying everywhere I can think of to get one of these so thought I'd try the experts!

I am looking for a brass flat L bracket (looks like a letter L). It needs to be about 2" long one each side and maybe 1/2" wide on each leg.

Sound simple doesn't but I can't find them anywhere, I need 8 to repair an old rather pretty table. The fancier the better.

Note: These are not the "inside corner" type of L bracket that you might use to brace the inside of a cupboard but a flat shape, as if you were using them for an "L" on your garden gate (assuming the name of your house had an "L" in it of course).

Thanks.

Alasdair

(D'oh - perhaps someone can edit the title so it says "L" and not "l" - thanks).

Edited by Alasdair

Guest Alasdair
OK not what you asked for but with a bit of work from a hacksaw file etc they might do?

And only 2.3" long, just take out a bit of the centre.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CC-COIN-CHINESE-BR...id=p3286.c0.m14

HTH

Steve

Thanks but I've seen this one already, I need 8 of these, a bit pricey indeed.

I am finding it a bit hard to believe that something like this is not stocked anywhere, am I asking for something weird?

I was sort of hoping that a Hoody somewhere would say "Ah yes, try Arthur Cragshaw and Sons in Upper Tiddlington", or similar...

Alasdair

I was sort of hoping that a Hoody somewhere would say "Ah yes, try Arthur Cragshaw and Sons in Upper Tiddlington", or similar...

Arthur doesn't tend to do a lot of brass stuff - he stocks a lot more Stainless or Aluminium.

Sorry - couldn't resist ;)

I'd be going down the lump of brass plate and a hacksaw route.

Iain