Engine Type

Guest margach31

Guest margach31

Does anybody know if an engine out of a 1998 (that era of car) Ford Mondeo ST will fit a zero? its a V6 24v 2.5L.

It looks like a big engine but think it would be pretty impressive if it did fit.

thanks

Jon

You can fit almost any engine but the problems come when you try to match it to a gearbox. Sometimes there is an aftermarket bellhousing to help but with the Duratec V6 I believe you have to look at one of the jaguar boxes as some use the same engine and are rear wheel drive.

On Locostbuilders there's a guy selling a Ginetta G20 with the V6 engine and he lists it as having a T5 box and custom bellhousing. You could u2u him on that board for more details.

Nigel

Guest margach31
Think the zero chassis might be too narrow to fit a V6 :unknw: , Cant even fit the standard injection system from the zetec due to space shortage :unsure:

i can imagine there would have been too much power, i would have spent most my time just burning rubber when setting off, i think ill just have to stick with the zetec and get it tuned up.

thanks for your input chaps

Jon