7 Crash

Andi

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=122162

A similar thing happened to a fellow hoody last night (no crash though)

He will remain unamed as he doesnt use RHOCAR site much, but after a blat on a major dual carridgeway last night

he got back to his house, out of the car to open the drive gates, back in the car only to find his steering wheel spinning

but not turning the wheels.. Jeez!

Gonna check my steering Saturday.

I saw the initial post about that accident when everyone was wondering who it was, he posted a week or so later to say it was him , the pics say it all really as the roll cage strenthening must have helped alot.

Mike

It was his Quick release steering wheel boss that had not locked on properly, all should check there's if they have one fitted before driving off, as this happened to me once and only once i might add and with no bad outcome , i was only moveing he car from the road to my drive at the time but it still made the nether region twitch a wee bit.

Mike

Guest mower man

Hi

1 very lucky boy!!!

2 way to go ?dont use a detachable wheel!!

3 advise ?.Put the cash in the bank for ayear and cosider anther hobby !

4commiseratoins ,must have been one big bum clenching moment.

regards mowerman

Theres now't wrong with detachable steering wheels, if mine is not locked in place it will just spin so you could not set off in the 1st place. what sort of boss was it ?

I bet that bloke is gutted and feels a bit of plum if it was the not securing it proper that wrecked his car!!!

feel sorry for him especially with the premuims he is facing now :blink: looked like a really nice car as well....

Dan