Fiiting Gaz Shock To Rear

keith kelly

No, try 300lbs!!!

Have 300 on the front but there's a lot of energy going through there. Thought the back wouldn't give as much loading?

Oh well, will have to get an hour on the test track to fettle it down. Will only take 10 mins to change springs :)

PS

Just spoke with Matt and he recommends 175 to 200 depending on weight eg camping gear. Will measure up and get a pair of 200lb to start with and go from there. 300lb seems very stiff to me?

200lb would be fine on most sevens with independent wishbones at the rear but on the 2b with the sierra set up you will need the 300's to stop it constantly bottoming out at the front mount bolt of the rear wishbone.

200lb would be fine on most sevens with independent wishbones at the rear but on the 2b with the sierra set up you will need the 300's to stop it constantly bottoming out at the front mount bolt of the rear wishbone.

Good point.

Spent so much time on the front wishbone conversion that haven't given much thought to the rears.

Think I will get some 300ib springs and see what happens. I'm running quite short dampers ( 12" ) so want to ensure excessive movement is restricted.

Guest Rbrown74

Received my rear GAZ shocks yesterday and the U brackets from GBS this morning. 300lb spring and not sure what actual length they were, but it required attaching the U bracket to the bottom, as I had the Zimmers which bolted straight through the chassis, and then lowering the upper bracket by about 2- 2.5cm to give the same ride height as the Zimmers.

Got out for a quick blast up the road to try them out. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Its a bouncy road, very bouncy - most cars would go along it at 50 ish - I hit about 65 and it felt smoother than my Zafira or Panda would have at 50. I have it dialed to about halfway on the dampers front and rear - certainly not a sporty set-up, as in firm and set for ultimate cornering, but it still handles really well (compared to any 'normal' car) and feels so nice on the rough stuff. Chuffed?? You betcha!! :D