Vinyl Paints

Guest MrT

hi

I am after some vinyl paints for vinyl dash. I can see Halfords sell black but the best seem to be duplicolour but only sold in the states, they use these to change the colour of the seats so srong and flexible?

thanks

Paul

Yep Frost are your guys. They can be pricey on stuff but they do carry some obscure stuff you don't find elsewhere. They carry some standard colours or will match a sample you can send.

I've used the vinyl paint to do the rear seat of my Mini which has been fine but admittedly doesn't often have anyone sat on it. I also used it to re-colour a pair of headrests on my Scimitar.

You need a special cleaner and then solvent wipe to prepare the surface and then just spray it on.

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?pro...ctName=Interior Coat (400ml)&catID=21&frostCat=Interior Trim&frostSubCat=&subCatID=

400ml is an aerosol but the 1 litre can is for use in a spray gun - it's not immediately clear on the website and I made the mistake thinking it was just a bigger aerosol. Fortunately I've got a compressor and spraying gear.

Iain