Mot Stations

Guest robin

Guest mower man

Hi I don't know the area but you could try your local council they don't do repairs or sell parts so there is no hidden agenda to lift your leg!Itake mine to a tyre co but am considering the council for next year,Remember the guy who is abit picky may just save your life HTH mowerman

I always seem to get respect from testers, especially if you mention you built the car.

Also, make it clear, any repairs will be done by yourself and ask to see any "fail" points.

Just my 2pence...

Kieran B)

I have to watch them drive mine on the ramp every time and make sure the jacks are as far forwaed as they will go. Then lift the car a bit to take to the back missing sump etc

So take care on driving on to the ramp.

Chris brown may know of alocal one.

Stephen

Guest chris brown

Don’t know any in Peterborough but I do know some in Huntingdon. But most will let you stay with the car and even you in to operate the controls during the test. As Stephen says do make sure the wheels free jack is fully forward on the ramp before the car is driven on and it is a real pain getting the jack to the back end.

I live in Thurlby and have used TB Motors in Bourne (15 miles north of Peterborough) for the last 4 years for my hood as well as my tintops. It is a small garage, very friendly, gives excellent service, and I have never had any problems with MOT's. I always sit in the car during the MOT and operate the controls.

T.B. Motors

Unit 9

Cherryholt Square

Cherryholt Road

Bourne

PE10 9LA

Tel: 01778 393837

The guy who runs owns the garage is also called Robin, so you can't go wrong.

There is also Tiger Racing out at Thorney, never used them myself but they are kit car manufacturers.

Nigel.

Hi I don't know the area but you could try your local council they don't do repairs or sell parts so there is no hidden agenda to lift your leg!Itake mine to a tyre co but am considering the council for next year,Remember the guy who is abit picky may just save your life HTH mowerman

Mowerman, You can always nip into sheffield so i can test your car, i like to think i do things by the book.

I use my local village garage he loves the car and allways goes for a drive in it to test the brakes as it has no design weights in the pc he has to..... so he says anyway :rolleyes: he like me is a car nut and has an etype on his spare ramp.

i think its best to find a local concern who are into cars and not just making money.

Dan

I also use my local family owned garage for my cars and bikes and who are all car nuts, the owners son is just finishing off a Challenger E type , i nearly always drive mine on the ramps and operate the controls , plus they ar sympathetic to kit car problems and will let you fix it three and then if possible.

He is quite a way north of you though being in Horncastle.

I would suggest that you ask around to find a good local garage who knows kit cars.

Mike

Guest peter2b2002

no good to you but I took mine to an audi garage near me as they were doing a £40 deal on mot's, boss man used to have a catering van and liked my 2B, told the guys to be careful, 2 chaps took it for a test run as it would not go on the rollers for a brake test ,they came back after 15 mins with big grins and a pass ticket, said it was a nice safe fun car, one of the wanted build details & info , could be another hoody in the making.

peter2b