Zero Prices

Guest adamramoth

Guest adamramoth

Ive just recieved news of new prices for the Zero, for the pinto donor based kit fully built is now a whopping - £12500, the full zetec kit is £9995 + vat and a fully built zetec zero is £15000! I have the emails to confirm this, yet the website quotes considerably less as does all the literature around.

Regards,

Adam

Guest graham.g
Ive just recieved news of new prices for the Zero, for the pinto donor based kit fully built is now a whopping - £12500, the full zetec kit is £9995 + vat and a fully built zetec zero is £15000! I have the emails to confirm this, yet the website quotes considerably less as does all the literature around.

Regards,

Adam

Are you having second thoughts of selling Zero kits in France?.

£9995 + vat, for a full zetec zero kit, not sure the whole spec of this kit, but i take it you get everything needed to complete the kit less IVA and registration.

The Tiger Avon full kit for comparison is £9450 + vat, I may be wrong but I dont think you get alloy wheels, weather gear, etc, and you get a second hand engine. Again I'm not sure the whole spec of this kit

Whats the spec of the Robin Hood full kit, It may come with a new Zetec engine ?, etc. who knows

It may be premature to Question their prices until we know the contents of the Robin Hood kit, but some people may prefer buying a kit this way knowing they dont have to source all the donor parts etc.

Graham

Guest dinger

I notice in the OP post he refers to a "fully built" kit, not bad considering the amount of work,

I'll be buying the zero race kit as a start and then spend 2 years building it, ( as an estimate) and buying the remaining parts as I go along,

Guest Ian & Carole

I was at the factory recently, getting stuff ready for the Stafford show, and there were several "turn key" cars there, some finished and some almost built.

The quality of the cars looked very good.

One benefit for the home builder, to my mind, is if GBSc build a quantity of cars for customers then it won't be long before the mis- fitting bits and bobs that have made us curse during our builds will soon start to be developed out of the kit.

A well built Zero at 15K with a brand new crate engine zetec IVA'd still sound like value for money if you look at other turn key prices.

JMHO though for what its worth

Guest adamramoth
Are you having second thoughts of selling Zero kits in France?.

£9995 + vat, for a full zetec zero kit, not sure the whole spec of this kit, but i take it you get everything needed to complete the kit less IVA and registration.

The Tiger Avon full kit for comparison is £9450 + vat, I may be wrong but I dont think you get alloy wheels, weather gear, etc, and you get a second hand engine. Again I'm not sure the whole spec of this kit

Whats the spec of the Robin Hood full kit, It may come with a new Zetec engine ?, etc. who knows

It may be premature to Question their prices until we know the contents of the Robin Hood kit, but some people may prefer buying a kit this way knowing they dont have to source all the donor parts etc.

Graham

11995 gets you an avon with a Zetec, fully built. The top spec zero kit comes with everything (and Zetec), including weather gear at £9995.

Guest graham.g
11995 gets you an avon with a Zetec, fully built. The top spec zero kit comes with everything (and Zetec), including weather gear at £9995.

Still not sure what your getting at, do you think the Robin Hood kit is too expensive. And since you have done a deal with GBS to sell kits in France, I take it you know the specifications of the comprehensive kit.

£11995 may get you a fully built Avon and I have a rough idea what you get from Tiger, but i would like to know what you get from GBS for £15000, I may be wrong but I think you get a bit more from GBS in the Zero comprehensive kit/ or fully built kit, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Graham

Guest adamramoth
I was at the factory recently, getting stuff ready for the Stafford show, and there were several "turn key" cars there, some finished and some almost built.

The quality of the cars looked very good.

One benefit for the home builder, to my mind, is if GBSc build a quantity of cars for customers then it won't be long before the mis- fitting bits and bobs that have made us curse during our builds will soon start to be developed out of the kit.

A well built Zero at 15K with a brand new crate engine zetec IVA'd still sound like value for money if you look at other turn key prices.

JMHO though for what its worth

yeh mine was probably one of them, subsequently they have already started making changes to parts and such as they have already built and shipped several Zero's out. I am using mine as a demonstrator in France and giving them feed back on what does and doesnt work well, etc. I do have about 1/2cm play in the steering which im a bit dismayed over, but gives me something to get my tool kit on...

Guest adamramoth
Still not sure what your getting at, do you think the Robin Hood kit is too expensive. And since you have done a deal with GBS to sell kits in France, I take it you know the specifications of the comprehensive kit.

£11995 may get you a fully built Avon and I have a rough idea what you get from Tiger, but i would like to know what you get from GBS for £15000, I may be wrong but I think you get a bit more from GBS in the Zero comprehensive kit/ or fully built kit, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Graham

You get what I got, a turnkey car on a new plate, just the gearbox is donor.

Originally, the zero fully built was for £9900 (unbeatable value), as quoted in a write up in complete kitcar. There has been a dramatic increase in the price. For me to sell the cars, with all my over heads here, I simply couldnt make a profit.

Remember that Robin Hood have always been the most competitively priced seven, but it seems they are entering into direct competition with the likes of Tiger.

Guest graham.g
You get what I got, a turnkey car on a new plate, just the gearbox is donor.

Originally, the zero fully built was for £9900 (unbeatable value), as quoted in a write up in complete kitcar. There has been a dramatic increase in the price. For me to sell the cars, with all my over heads here, I simply couldnt make a profit.

Remember that Robin Hood have always been the most competitively priced seven, but it seems they are entering into direct competition with the likes of Tiger.

Yes does seem a big jump in the price, but £9900 with everything new less gearbox does seem a bargain, maybe they were selling too cheap.

Maybe better try speaking to GBS for a better deal rather than airing your views on an open web site.

Graham

Guest adamramoth
Yes does seem a big jump in the price, but £9900 with everything new less gearbox does seem a bargain, maybe they were selling too cheap.

Maybe better try speaking to GBS for a better deal rather than airing your views on an open web site.

Graham

The idea of 'airing my views' is to create awareness between the members, to recieve feedback and opinions, of which I wont get from GBS.

Guest adamramoth
hi Adam

out of intrest where in the South of France are you? I have a place in Sete

Paul

Hi Paul,

I know Sete very well. I live near Narbonne and commute to Montpellier regularly - do you have a hoodie down here?

Adam

hi Adam

I have a place on the Corniche just a mile out of Sete, yes I know Narbonne and Montpellier well too!

I have not been down in the hud yet as from door to door 890 miles so a long trip but I plan will drive down in it next year.

Paul